SHGA Float in El Segundo Annual Holiday Parade 12/11/11

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lynn McLaughlin

SHGA Float in El Segundo Annual Holiday Parade 12/11/11

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

We are looking to enter a float in the El Segundo Holiday Parade that is taking place Sunday 12/11/11 and I am looking for design ideas. This activity, close to Dockweiler, is a great opportunity for us to promote the sport. If anyone has affordable and doable ideas for float design, please get them to me by Thursday 11/24/11.

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Steve90266

Float

Post by Steve90266 »

The obvious idea would be to set up a hang glider, tie it to the top of a truck, decorate the whole thing with flowers, or garland or what have you, and drive it down the boulevard.

Joe's got a miniature version of a hang glider with a wing span of approximately 15 feet. We could use that.

Alternatively, we could tow the miniature mounted to a trailer. BJs got that old thing. Maybe we could rig that?

Let me know if any of this makes sense.
Steve Murillo
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Maybe like a history of flight ending with the consumer grade affordable safe hang glider. Show a model of each step forward in order, Da vinci, Wright Brothers, Spirt of St Louis, P-51 Mustang , F86 Saber, X-15, Sr-71, Space Shuttle, B-2Stealth, and a full size Hang Glider as the final step in human aviation.