2011 Holiday Event

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Cyndia

2011 Holiday Event

Post by Cyndia »

The Holiday event was a blast this year and I wish everyone could have come to hear Rob get roasted! It was quite entertaining.

I would like to especially thank Lynn for organizing this event so professionally, her energy and enthusiasm made my job of running the silent auction a lot easier and a lot of fun. Richard and Kat were part of the set-up crew (Kat - I'll share my onion rings anytime!) and we were able to get everything pulled together in record time - thank you both!

The auction brought in over $1700 for the club. 31 members bid on items that were donated by Windsports, Wills Wings, Flytec, Hall Brothers, USHPA, Steve Nootenboom, Cyndia, Lynn McLaughlin, Emily Brown, Miles Klein, and the keeper of Bill Bennett's memorablia! Please thank these folks if you see them.

The item that got the most activity were Emily's Eggceptional Eggs with the top bid being $52!!!

I have couple of items that did not sell from Bill Bennett's collection -

Phoenix Gliders Baseball Cap and Lightweight Jacket
Delta Wing Kits Nylon Shell - white
16"x20" Photo of a Bennett Kite being flown from a swing seat
16" x 20" Photo framed of Bennett flying two passengers!

Please let me know if you would like to make any offer on these items and I will get them to you.

Also, I have three more passes for the Magic Castle. These are VIP Guest Passes which not only provide admittance but pay the admission fee as well ($20 each) for up to four guests! So the actual face value is $80 however, these are hard to get and the winning bid was $100. If any of you would like one of these passes for $100 please let me know and I will get it to you (make the check to SHGA). These passes are good for one time use in 2012 and you must pay for dinner (reservations required)! If you have never been to the Magic Castle, be prepared for a evening of exceptional magic and fun!

Happy Holidays to all of you and here's to a New Year of incredible flying!
Cyndia