SCFR Road trip

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Aldpal

SCFR Road trip

Post by Aldpal »

I am heading out to the Santa Cruz Flats Race this weekend. The driver I had lined up there is now unavailable for the first few days +/- so I am looking for a driver that can commit for at least the first 3 days and maybe the whole week. All expenses including food and lodgings will be covered as well as some tow fees if you are rated and want to do some flying after the comp gaggle is launched. Anyone going for a only a few days please contact me to possibly co-ordinate some other things. Pease reply here or by PM.

Thanks, Alan
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Was thinking about going out not this weekend, but next. But your offer seems appealing. Let me talk it over with the boss.

What day are you planning on leaving?
Aldpal

SCFR road trip

Post by Aldpal »

I am most likely leaving very early this Saturday from Canyon Lake/Elsinore or possibly late Friday. The comp starts Sunday. It is possible I may not stay for the whole week. I can be reached at NinerFiveOne 813 FiverOneEightSix

Alan
Aldpal

SCFR

Post by Aldpal »

I want to give a big thank you to Jeff Chipman for driving for me at the SCFR and for helping me with using my Flytech 6030. I ended up only flying the first day with my super floater in Class two along with 3 Swifts. Because of some chronic back and hip issues I drove chase the second day for Jeff as he flew his flex wing. I had hoped to fly my (new to me) Swift on the third day, but the arrival of Hurricane Odile precluded that. Headed home early expecting to hear more about the 14 to 15 K days that I missed locally. Hopefully there will be able to get in some more flying days at the comp. Although I only flew one day, I was quite happy and am planning to make the SCFR comp next year (hopefully they will continue hosting it). Thanks again Jeff for all the help.

Alan
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

For those of you that might not know Alan, he's one of the nicest persons you'll meet in the flying community. He'll keep you entertained with his fireman stories and in well versed in many different aspects, on a lot of subjects.

Our trip went quickly because of his good company.

I learned much about sailplanes, super floaters, airchairs, goats, rental properties, fireman life in Beverly Hills, and just good ol' plain being lucky.

Hope to see you soon my friend.