How does Janyce appear from another glider?

Links to flying related videos.
JD

How does Janyce appear from another glider?

Post by JD »

Here's your answer to that and the question of, How does Chippy appear from a landing hang glider while discus launching his R/C sailplane? But wait--there's more. Also addressed is the question of how radically can a T2C 144 be mushed in order to avoid an otherwise certain overshoot?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrKYQIbdNyo[/youtube]
Greg Kendall

Post by Greg Kendall »

Nice video and nice flight. I'm not crazy about the mushed approach. Even a T2C (or a Litespeed) can get a crap L/D if you rock upright and pull in to about 40 mph.
JD

Post by JD »

Greg Kendall wrote:Nice video and nice flight. I'm not crazy about the mushed approach. Even a T2C (or a Litespeed) can get a crap L/D if you rock upright and pull in to about 40 mph.
Yes I agree. I'd have been fine if I just continued diving for the ground on my base leg turn and just skimmed for 200 yards. I was trying to keep my glider positioned to record Chippy's discus-launch R/C glider in frame and also not plow into him.

Full mush landings are at the extreme end of acceptable technique and I do not recommend them to others. I do practice the technique at safe altitude to insure I know in advance what the control limits of all my gliders are.

I would never attempt this on a Falcon as it will drop a wing and turn downwind but then it isn't even needed.

Here's an example...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5OivxRMUA[/youtube]
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

Thanks Jonathan, Was really glad to see my landing at 3:48. I thoroughly apologize to anyone who had to listen to me, begging for help, on top of the HAM MEN talking about steak for 45 minutes.

Maybe that's why I was begging for help?

(I wish!)

Sorry, guys--won't happen EVER again!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

I especially like the music. A choir of strings is the second most beautiful sound in the world.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
JD

Post by JD »

jdevorak wrote:I especially like the music. A choir of strings is the second most beautiful sound in the world.
Thanks Jay. I am kind of partial to the singing of wind in my wires too.
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

jcflies wrote:Thanks Jonathan, Was really glad to see my landing at 3:48. I thoroughly apologize to anyone who had to listen to me, begging for help, on top of the HAM MEN talking about steak for 45 minutes.
Perhaps we should find another frequency for the club that's not in frequent use by hams?