Front Rack

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Southside

Front Rack

Post by Southside »

Hi,

We just purchased a new Honda Pilot. Does anyone know of a place in West LA where I can take it to be fitted for a front rack? Since my wife is going to be driving the truck the most I want to be able to take the rack off and on without having the fittings visible when it is not in use.

Thanks in advance,

John
JT

Front Rack

Post by JT »

A suggestion:
I think that if you're willing to spend the money, having a custom rack welded would be the best option. If you have a tow hitch welded to the frame in front you can mount a rack (custom) that is removable just as the bike racks that are hitch mounts in back. You might consult Dave Froschauer about how to do this and what a custom rack might look like - he does excellent work and might help advise you on what it would cost and where to go for the work. Good flying and good hunting.
Southside

Re: Front Rack

Post by Southside »

JT wrote:A suggestion: You might consult Dave Froschauer about how to do this and what a custom rack might look like - he does excellent work and might help advise you on what it would cost and where to go for the work.
Thanks, JT. If you or anyone else knows how to get in touch with him could you please let me know. You can respond privately.

John