Sylmar Neighborhood Council Election - Recreation/Open Space

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
DianeV

Sylmar Neighborhood Council Election - Recreation/Open Space

Post by DianeV »

Greetings SHGA!

Some of you may remember me as being a long-time supporter of SHGA! I am currently the President of a nearby HOA (Mountain Glen Terrace) and have served on the Sylmar Neighborhood Council (SNC) for the past 2 terms. Election season is upon us, and this year, I have an interest in taking over the Recreation and Open Space seat from Kathy Grubert, who has decided to run for the Retail seat this year. I hope to represent Sylmar's many parks, recreational venues (like SHGA) and work to preserve our open space. Outside of our work on the SNC, Kathy and I are both supporters of environmental causes and are active in working on behalf of our community on the Pacoima Reservoir Sediment Removal Project and the Strip Mine project.

I've already stopped by the LZ a couple of times and plan to make another visit this weekend. As soon as I can overcome my tech challenges with figuring out how to post my flyer, I'll do that here, but for now, look for it on your bulletin board. If any of you will be attending our fire station meeting this Saturday, you'll see/meet me then too.

Online voting is offered this year, and is open now. In person voting at the polls will be on Sat. April 2nd. Two years ago, we had a healthy turnout from SHGA, so I hope that I can count on your support! We are lucky to have you be part of the larger Sylmar community, so please consider voting for your local representation.

Thanks very much!

Diane Valencia