La Salina, Mexico trip planned for the last week end in May!

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Steve90266

La Salina, Mexico trip planned for the last week end in May!

Post by Steve90266 »

OK, Pilots, listen UP!

We are planning to head south of the border from May 28th(Thursday night) to May 31st (Sunday) for a beautiful, exhilarating flying trip to La Salina, Mexico. For those of you who don't know, La Salina is south of Rosarita, just north of Ensenada. I'm told that the flying is AMAZING, with 2 miles of coastline to soar, a variety of places to land, including right next to our hotel! Hop out of your glider and into the jacuzzi! Margaritas ready to go!

We plan to stay at the Baja Seasons Hotel and Resort. It is a gated, secure resort on the beach, with a variety of guest quarters, from private cabanas to motel style rooms and RV parking. I'm going to be working on getting us a group rate. For now, please let me know if you are interested in attending. Spouses are encouraged to join us!

In case you are worried about safety, I have been down there twice in the last six months. There is no one around except the Mexican military, looking to keep order. I've never felt the least bit un-safe.

For now I'm trying to get a head count. Please let me know if you are interested.

Oh yeah, one thing. You need to have a working passport to get back across the border when we come home. The 'ol California driver's license doesn't cut it anymore. Get on it!

Steve M.
Steve Murillo
Don

Passport

Post by Don »

For those without a passport - it can be done quickly.

It took only 1 1/2 weeks WITHOUT the expedited processing. The person at the Post Office told me 4 - 6 weeks.

It is not too late!
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Thanks, Don. OK there's the word on passports. But don't wait until the last minute to take care of your passport. Get on it this week and let's get it out of the way.

For now, let me know if you are interested going on the trip, even if you haven't checked with the boss yet. Shoot me an e-mail to: Steve90266@gmail.com

Looking forward to some excellent flying south of the border!

Steve
Steve Murillo
max

Post by max »

Steve if I'm still alive and the weather is promising I'm in.Don if you going make sure that you have a falcon I seen some of your landings with the high-performance gliders and let me tell you there are no hospitals in that area and I don't want to carry your dead body across the border imagine all the paperwork I would have to fill out :lol:
Smile now Cry later
MAX
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

no problemo, Max. Are you willing to bunk with other pilots? Let me know. Also, what's your e-mail address?
Steve Murillo
max

Post by max »

Steve if it's a good-looking female pilot I have no problem with that. My e-mail address it's on the memberlist .
Smile now Cry later
MAX
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Max, I think all the good looking female pilots are already spoken for, but I'll see what I can do.
Steve Murillo
max

Post by max »

Steve you should let pilots know what kind of minimum signoff day have to have to flight there, now if Joe is going it really doesn't matter. The front page of the SHGA forum has a picture of the La Selina launch with Chris Smith as a pilot and Joe on the nose wires and myself on the site wire.
Smile now Cry later
MAX
eriklarabie

La Salina Trip

Post by eriklarabie »

Count me in too. I've been wanting to head out there for a while now. Looks awesome! (on Google Earth...)

Erik Larabie
Steve90266

Fly Mexico!

Post by Steve90266 »

OK, Eric. You're on the list!
Steve Murillo
Xander

Post by Xander »

Steve, I'm always up for an adventure. Count me in, too.

Alex
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Now we're talking! OK, so far we have:

Steve & Pat Murillo
Adam Newman
Max Wagner
Don Banas
Lynden Vasquez
Joe Greblo
Alex Wright
Erik Larabie
Matt Hart

I'm looking to add at least this many more. This is going to be one of the trips we'll be talking about for years to come. Even better than Big Sur!
:P
Steve Murillo
bricksfly

La Salina Trip

Post by bricksfly »

Count me in! :D This should be great! can anyone tell me if they are bringing a significant other..... Jacquie will want to go for sure. I don't want her to be the only non-pilot though.

Can anyone give a ballpark figure on the cost for this trip?

Very exciting!

Can't wait to get the details!
Bill
ericbrown

Post by ericbrown »

Steve, I'm interested as well. Put me on the list.
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Great News! Two more have joined us!

Bill Brick & Jacquie Kakiki

working on bringing BJ and his lovely wife Laura. Don't worry, BJ, you won't be making any pancakes unless you really, really want to.

I'm working on getting the hotel to throw in some kind of breakfast with our stay.

Steve
Steve Murillo
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Eric Brown, I've got you down! Thanks, Eric. It's going to be awesome! Bring your beach towel!
Steve Murillo
ajnanyc

Post by ajnanyc »

Hey mate, count me in too!

SONY
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Sony, you are on the list! Please send me your contact info (e-mail, phone numbers, etc.) to steve90266@gmail.com
Steve Murillo
brandonpeterson

Post by brandonpeterson »

I haven't checked with any potential pains in my ass yet but I WANNA GO! I don't even have any passport issues.

Brandon. :x
Last edited by brandonpeterson on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon_P.
Steve90266

Mexico Trip

Post by Steve90266 »

Awesome, Brandon! You were on my list! Beg your wife to come. She'll thank you for it, and let you go on other trips when they come up. Plus, my wife will be there and she's going to need some company. MAKE THIS HAPPEN, DUDE. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS TRIP!
Steve Murillo