GAZIBO.BELIVE IT OR NOT

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Rome Dodson

GAZIBO.BELIVE IT OR NOT

Post by Rome Dodson »

BELIVE IT OR NOT, I ACTUALLY VOTED FOR THE CAZIBO,I JUST COULDN'T STAND ANY MORE OF GREBLO'S WHINEING AND SNIVELING! AS FAR AS WIND RESISTANCE,9 STAKES POUNDED INTO THE GROUND AND NAILED TO THE POSTS WILL WITHSTAND ANY WINDS . AS FOR ME BEING THRIFTY, I GREW UP IN THE DEPRESSION, (THE FIRST ONE, NOT THE CURANT ONE) AND YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD NEW TRICKS. F.Y.I. THE FIRST SYLMAR HANG GLIDING CLUB WAS FORMED ABOUT 1976 OR 1977, AFTER WE LOST OUR L.Z. TO DEVELOPMENT. TRY PAYING DUES FROM THAT DATE, J.C. AS YOU CAN TELL I DON'T SCREW WITH WORD SPELLER. ROME
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

um, who's J.C.?
if it refers somehow to me, i don't give a ______ what we do with our money anymore.... i gave up. burn it, whatever...
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
JT

Post by JT »

Hard to believe, Rome. Are you sure it was Greblo whining?
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Touché, Jim!

Rome, Have faith in The Process. Remember, we're on the same team!

JC: Thanks for the avatar :wink:
OP

Post by OP »

There are like 100 different ways any level of government could shut us down. Example if our site was found to be a "nuisance." Here are 3 different mechanism our club could be eliminated by a simple use permit standard.
General Welfare Standard:

"The establishment, maintenance or conducting of the use for which a use permit is sought will not, under the particular case, be detrimental to the public welfare or injurious to property or improvements in the neighborhood" (Hawkins v. County of Marin (1976) 54 Cal.App.3d 586).

Nuisance Standard:

"Any use found to be objectionable or incompatible with the character of the city and its environs due to noise, dust, odors or other undesirable characteristics may be prohibited" (Snow v. City of Garden Grove (1961) Cal.App.2d 496).

General Plan Consistency Standard:

"Although use permits are not explicitly made subject to a general plan meeting the requirement of state law, that condition is necessarily to be implied from the hierarchical relationship of land use laws. Thus, use permits are struck from the mold of the zoning law, the zoning law must comply with the adopted general plan, and the adopted general plan must conform with state law; the validity of the permit process derives from compliance with this hierarchy of planning laws (Neighborhood Action Group v. County of Calaveras (1984) 156 Cal.App.3d 1176).
The gazebo may be legal foundation that will give the club "use presidence" to survive into the future.
greblo

Post by greblo »

OP,
You're exactly right, and it's a good idea that someone point that out from time to time.

Joe