HOOK IN PLAQUE

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Rome Dodson

HOOK IN PLAQUE

Post by Rome Dodson »

SOME VANDAL RIPPED UP THE :HOOK IN PLAQUE: FROM TOWERS LAUNCH, IT MAY BE THROWN DOWN THE HILL. PLEASE LOOK FOR IT, IF YOU GET HIGH ENOUGH DOUG. ROME
rebardan

another

Post by rebardan »

I'll fab up another. Dont feel bad, someone broke up the one at torrey and threw it over the cliff. uncool.
Dayhead

Re: another

Post by Dayhead »

rebardan wrote:I'll fab up another. Dont feel bad, someone broke up the one at torrey and threw it over the cliff. uncool.
I know a guy that can install steel re-inforcing rods in concrete structures, that make it very difficult to break them.

I can't remember what the stuff is called, but as soon as I remember the guys' name and # I'll call him. I bet he'll know what to do.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

hey dan! does that mean you and shiloh will fly with us one of these days? COOL!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Bob Kuczewski

Re: another

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

rebardan wrote:I'll fab up another. Dont feel bad, someone broke up the one at torrey and threw it over the cliff. uncool.
By the way, Rebar Dan won a USHPA Commendation this year for his work in making and distributing those plaques.

Good Job Dan!!! :)
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
JT

Post by JT »

Beggars can't be choosers, Dan, but would it be possible to cast a couple of re-bar anchors, say 12 inches long, into the back of the plaque? We could carry up a sack or two of ready-crete and make it more difficult to toss over the side of launch.

Thanks for taking care of us.