Aero Tow Lessons in August

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

JD

Aero Tow Lessons in August

Post by JD »

I plan to get aero tow lessons from Mark Knight in Tempe, AZ later this month. It will be over a weekend in the next couple of weeks (to be determined). The weather will be somewhat turbulent. I am hoping to compete in the Santa Cruz Flats Race and it's a requirement to be able to safely tow in turbulent thermic conditions. If anyone wishes to split expenses and carpool with me, I have room for one other pilot and glider in my RAV4 or we can use your vehicle and divvy up the costs. Mark will be assembling a small class of perhaps 3 students. He teaches dolly launching using a scooter tow before graduating to aero tow off a dolly. He also told me that his Dragonfly has a new engine, so he can tow all 3-4 of us at once. Just kidding.

Mark's website: http://www.sonorawings.com/

Cheers, Jonathan
nmerider +++ gmail +++ com
ericbrown

Post by ericbrown »

Mark's great. Don, Jay and I did a brush up tow clinic with him last year. He also did all the towing for the XC clinic we did with Dustin out in Casa Grande. Have fun, it's a sweet place to fly.
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

I am interested depending on the dates. I have some other commitments last part of August. Let me know.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
JD

Post by JD »

jdevorak wrote:I am interested depending on the dates. I have some other commitments last part of August. Let me know.
Me and Don are looking at August 21-22 or 28-29. Mark just got back from the East Coast and will check his schedule as soon as things settle. Do either of these work for you? Let me know and I'll add you to the list.
JD

Post by JD »

O.k. - It's me Don & Jay on August 28-29.

re: Future lessons - I have 2 friends from Rancho Cucamonga & San Diego who want to see Mark for lessons in September. If anyone wishes to get in touch with them to pool up just let me know.
JD

Post by JD »

Canceled due to weather. Mark is available to give instructions mid-week in case anyone else is interested. I plan to go for AT lessons as soon as my toe is healed.