Strip mine opposition needs printing help

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

greblo

Strip mine opposition needs printing help

Post by greblo »

Citizens Against Strip Mining in the San Fernando Valley (CASM-SFV) is a small grassroots organization trying to lead the charge against the strip mine below launch. The group has no legal status, no corporate status, and therefore cannot solicit moneys for their cause. Most of their work is volunteer hours, going door to door, and sitting in shopping centers informing people and gathering signatures. They have a lot of printing costs that they are having trouble paying for.

If we could get a number of SHGA club members to donate a $10 Office Depot Gift Card (for printing costs) to the cause, it would be very helpful. Please bring them to me and I'll make sure the group gets it. It would sure help.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
Busto

Post by Busto »

What is the money used for?

I would like more info.

Is there another party we could send the money besides you?
greblo

Post by greblo »

Sure, it's easier for me if you do.

It's probably simpler for you to send it to the woman who's perhaps working the hardest at trying to prevent the loss of of your home's property value, since you live right next to the proposed mine,

She lives right next to you. Send it or take it to Eleanor Brooks, 13691 Gavina Street #586, Sylmar, CA 91342. She's one of the steering committee members of CASM-SFV.

While your at it, give her a great big thank you and feel free to ask how else you may help.

The group is printing and distributing flyers, educational literature, and sign up sheets to volunteers and residents. These things cost money and some of us have given quite a bit already.
Michael Robertson
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

1)Budweiser trades Clydesdales for natural gas
http://www.fuelfreedom.org/budweiser-tr ... tural-gas/
Particulate matter from diesel is entirely eliminated as a health concern with natural gas trucks.

2)Europe’s longest conveyor
http://www.agg-net.com/news/europe-s-longest-conveyor
The French should be able to bid on this project.

3)Build a continuous conveyor system with no need for a strip mine.

Doug
greblo

Post by greblo »

This is an old post from years ago. This is not a current request for donations, so please don't send anything to that address.

Joe
Michael Robertson