Chip
Site Admin

Rome's new friend

Post by Chip »

Chip
Site Admin

Club Responsibility

Post by Chip »

I posted the picture for Sebas last night. Sebas wanted to remind everyone that it "collectively" we should all be doing our part when we see pilots unfamilair to you.

Beyond just the who are you and what brings you to Sylmar discussions, we can help encourage new and visiting pilots to get a sight briefing and contribute to the site by paying the landing fees.

The signage will go a long way to helping you (the Sylmar local) direct the visiting pilot to the right area with the correct information.

Soon we'll have the sign boards back up where the landing patterns, right of way rules and the site hazards will be posted. Additionally, I believe we're going to put up a sectional chart and terrain topo map
Fast Eddy

nice tapo and great info!-!

Post by Fast Eddy »

Cbip,
I would lo e to see a sbeet of vps cord's in spot and the regular cordinates with each places name... Just a regular laminated piece of paper with tbe name of each one Nd the two types of cords. for each spot you have on the map...
The map you had at the spring air festival was great. Hoping this one is. Lot like it just in what you have bere....

GREAT GREAT IDEA!-!-!-!-!

ED S
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

I have a new one. Higher resolution with the names of the LZ's and waypoints. I'll add a legend with GPS coordinates.

Think I'll also add well known thermal triggers as well.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

Thanks!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

Thanks!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."