Hey, Opie,
Gone but not forgotten... or deleted.
Rafferty

Some Questions

Post by Rafferty »

Mike Blankenhorn

Re: Some Questions

Post by Mike Blankenhorn »

What exactly is your motivation for posting this? Are you a pilot? Are you even an SHGA member? You might want to explain this.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Take Care,
Mike Blankenhorn
Rafferty

Hey Joe, when did you get your CFI, Congrats!

Post by Rafferty »

POSTED BY JOE GREBLO OCT. 6 , 2010

… we will continue to work hard to educate our pilots to operate carefully and responsibly when flying in this area

Sincerely,

Joe Greblo
Examiner, CFI,
US Hang Gliding Association,
Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
OP

Re: Hey Joe, when did you get your CFI, Congrats!

Post by OP »

Rafferty wrote:My motto isn't "It's all about the flying." It's always been "It's all about the crying." Oh, and I just shit my pants. Where is my mommy? waaaaa
Rafferty

Post by Rafferty »

For anyone who doesn't already know this - the above post by OP is Fraudulent and slanderous. (and noted to my lawyer)

remove it now.

I will send the above info to the FAA and Los Angeles Flood control if the club continues to show its inability to react responsibly to irresponsible behavior.
Busto

Post by Busto »

Nice Vid!

The Flying is great.
Last edited by Busto on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rafferty

Post by Rafferty »

Op if you have never had a Southwest 737 fly up your ass during the last 4 years it might have something to do with this.

If anyone wishes to Understand WHY and HOW I was able to accomplish this you're welcome to contact me.

The Launches and LZ are now clearly in the hands of those Pilots.
Thanks to the incredible Responsibility of that Company's Operation and their willingness to cooperate. I am far more beholding to them and their passengers than I ever will be to a childish man like you OP.

OP

Post by OP »

I can answer the why for everyone: http://i.imgur.com/srgYa1I.jpg

The how takes even less thought.

Here are are some shots of our direct downstream scenic wetlands, the Pacoima wash.
r8pistol

Post by r8pistol »

Definition; FORUM TROLL:
An obnoxious user or member on a forum that goes out of their way to make pointless, offensive, or annoying posts and messages. This type of individual derives pleasure by typing irritating, controversial and combative words at strangers on internet forums, for them to read. Often these posts are erroneous, idiotic and pointless other than to further the ill placed agenda of said trolls deranged mind. Trolls are people who need attention, want to be in charge of everything without doing any work, or simply want to get on your nerves. They will usually lurk around the forum and wait for an opportunity to pop up unexpectedly to annoy and attack a group, or specifically a group leader who sets a daily example of grace, selflessness and hard work. The best way to deal with a forum troll is not to respond or flame back, but to click, ignore and move on. Trolls are miserable, socially inept and often impotent in all references of the term and therefore will ultimately shrivel up and blow away if left alone to endure the lonely sound of their own miserable shrieking voice.
OP

Post by OP »

Rafferty wrote:For anyone who doesn't already know this - the above post by OP is Fraudulent and slanderous. (and noted to my lawyer)

remove it now.

I will send the above info to the FAA and Los Angeles Flood control if the club continues to show its inability to react responsibly to irresponsible behavior.
This is you right now: "I wasn't going to tattle, but since someone called me a baby on the internet, now I'm going to tattle."
Busto

Post by Busto »

That top picture looks doable. Maybe we can go cut down those trees on the left.

The length looks like a topless landing there would be fine.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

One of those gliders looked to be more than 700' AGL when sniffing the clouds. If you are within 700' I think you are O.K.

Greblo cleared mud from the Santiago estates clogged storm drain and help patched a breach that started eating 5% of the Army Corps of Engineers berm/levee that our land is situated on and was constructed after 5 or 50 flood deaths in Sylmar in the 70s after massive rain.

The City must be proud because they gave us $50,000

please note: the Santago Estate CUP states no SFR houses can be built there, only trailers(prefabs) because that berm will be destroyed by flood every 30 years.

Mike M
Site Admin

Post by Mike M »

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.

Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!

Mayor: Is this true?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.

[pause]

Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

I also believe the video contains copyrighted NMERIDER footage from youtube that was used without his permission and uploaded to vimeo against both terms of service.
JD

Post by JD »

dhmartens wrote:I also believe the video contains copyrighted NMERIDER footage from youtube that was used without his permission and uploaded to vimeo against both terms of service.
Thanks Doug but that is actually my Matzo Bro, Ronaldo's copyright-protected footage that Riff Raffarty has pirated in violation of federal statute. My cloud-proximity soaring footage was removed under threat of club expulsion by C. Bastard and Zagi N. Yourface.
skygeek AKA Seabass

Post by skygeek AKA Seabass »

DQ -There was no such threat the fact that your eqo takes over common sense is what gets you in trouble.
JD

Post by JD »

skygeek AKA Seabass wrote:DQ -There was no such threat the fact that your eqo takes over common sense is what gets you in trouble.
Ah Deadbullseyegopherhopper, Enlightenment through X/C hang gliding has empowered me to transcend all ego, hubris and other worldly trappings. I now transmit vicarious soaring experiences remotely via pure thought over unlimited transcendental bandwidth. No modem or monitor required. On the other hand, my tongue may have been touching the inside of my cheek.
<snicker>
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Who is Rafferty? And who is Barton for that matter? I see their photos on the member list but I don't recall seeing them in the LZ. That could be because I'm a weekend flyer.

Can someone please enlighten me as to where all this hate/anger stems from?

Surely our common goal should be to fly together, not try and bring the club down.