Gate to Launch

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

greblo

Gate to Launch

Post by greblo »

The District Ranger has rushed the launch gate repair and work begins this morning, lasting about 1 week. The gate needs to remain closed while the concrete dries so no one will be allowed in or out that gate. They've arranged temporary use for club members up the front side through private property. This means we'll be driving through private property on private sections of road. Trustworthy drivers can get directions and the combination to the gate from Jay Devorak, any boardmember, or Windsports. Please drive very courteously and make sure the gates are closed and secured both in and out.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
greblo

Post by greblo »

As of Saturday night, a brand new 8" diameter, upright steel locking post has been installed and cemented into place by the Forest Service. They still have a little work to do on it, namely finishing the openings for the locks and installing a new gate tongue. It seems to me that they are right on the schedule they gave me last week. If so, we should be able to use the gate by next Thursday. Be sure to check the SHGA home page or this forum for authorization before attempting to use this gate. In the meantime, we are still authorized to use the gate in Kagel Cyn. I hope you're as impressed as I am over the support our club has received by the Forest Service, the Sheriff Dept., Eric Wierman, and the property owners in Kagel Canyon.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

Thanks for all you do to maintain good relations with the Forest Service, Joe. I am sure that is KEY in their kind responses in this situation.
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
r8pistol

Post by r8pistol »

I'll second that. Thanks for that and ALL you do...