All of you are Sylmar Stakeholders; please vote this Sat 3/8

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

DanF

All of you are Sylmar Stakeholders; please vote this Sat 3/8

Post by DanF »

You all are Sylmar Stakeholders so you are entitled to vote...

It will take about 20 minutes to vote this Saturday and YOUR VOTE WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE as these are very local elections (Sylmar Neighborhood Council) and the turnout is very (very) light.

We will be visiting the Hang Glider Park offering transportation to/from Sylmar Park where the voting takes place.

Your vote will count - it will make a difference and it will affect you as the folks on the Sylmar Neighborhood Council work for you and the rest of the community.

Thank you for your attention and support (and for letting me post this here).

PLEASE VOTE THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 8TH
SYLMAR COMMUNITY ELECTION

This Saturday, March 8thth, there is an election for a new Sylmar Neighborhood Council (SNC) Board of Directors. The volunteer members of the SNC are elected by you, community interest stakeholders.

The Sylmar Neighborhood Council is certified by the City of Los Angeles and acts as a conduit between the City and our community. The role of the Council is to work with stakeholders to help increase our influence with City lawmakers and departments. The Council’s mission is to promote the welfare, protect the interests, and serve as a voice for the Sylmar community with the City's decision-making process for a better quality of life. Board members serve a 2-year term.

PLEASE HELP ELECT THESE CANDIDATES:

Youth Representative (1 seat)
Brenda Resendis

Senior Representative (1 seat)
Ann Job

Recreation and Open Spaces Representative (1 seat)
Kathy Grubert

Equestrian Representative (1 seat)
Cheri L. Blose

Retail Representative (3 seats)
Laurie Fadness
Jeh Meher
Chardell Powell

Education Representative (1 seat)
Maria Silva

Industrial Representative (1 seat)
Lucille Floresta

Home / Condo Owner Representative (4 seats)
Rick Kay
Derek Martin
Jackie Mata

Renter Representative (2 seats)
Carlos Lara
Chris Shows

Community Based Organization Rep (2 seats)
Patricia Rau
Diane Valencia

At Large Representative (3 seats)
Wally Aguilar
Kathy Bloom
Christian Rubalcava

Please vote this Saturday, March 8th from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sylmar Recreation Center located in Sylmar Park
13109 Borden Avenue
in the Susan B. Anthony Building
at the corner of Borden & Polk, next to Fire Station 91

A complete list of candidates is available at http://www.sylmarneighborhoodcouncil.or ... idates.htm
Candidate statements will also be available on Election Day outside the polling location.
Stop the Strip Mine! No new DPW dump sites in the North & South Canyons! www.CASM-SFV.org
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

“When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.�
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU[/youtube]

Please go vote, I am.

Doug
greblo

Thanks

Post by greblo »

We had several trucks of pilots show up to vote, including a group of students headed out to the desert to fly.

Richard Shaw drove a long distance just to vote in this election, as did J.Devorak, Ken Andrews, Frederick Wagner, Lynn, Cyndia, and others I've lost track of.

Thank you to all who sacrificed their time to participate. The good news is that the election was the most successful yet with 3 times the voter turnout over last year, and strong candidates have been elected. I've already received emails of gratitude to the club.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson