New-to-site paraglider pilot

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

gregas

New-to-site paraglider pilot

Post by gregas »

Greetings Flyers!

I am a paraglider pilot residing in Altadena. I am P3-rated with 55 hours (almost all which are mountain thermal). My training was done at Marshall, though I've flown a number of other sites.

Being geographically convenient, I would love to give Kagel a try. I'm more than happy to join the club to support the site.

I have read and absorbed all of the approach info, fly/no-fly zones and flying advice on the website but it would be great to join other pilots on launch and get a site brief before my first Kagel flight. If any one is flying late tomorrow 7/17 or during the weekend, I'd love to join. I would like a late flight for my first one at the site, (so that I don't get too much excitement :-) but I am willing to go up earlier and wait for conditions. I don't necessarily have to go up with a PG pilot (I understand that you folks are more HG), just someone knowledgeable about local conditions. I also may have other time throughout the weekend. Also, I am will to offer ride money or help with vehicle retrieve. I have a 4WD high-clearance truck and also a small dirt bike which I use for vehicle retrieve. Sorry, no HG rack on the truck.

I appreciate for your help and I am looking forward to flying with you all.

All the best,

Greg Sadowy