Vrezh's Yosemite Video

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Chip
Site Admin

Vrezh's Yosemite Video

Post by Chip »

Vrezh put together a nice video from his 2006 Yosemite trip. I did a bit of shrinking to get it within somewhat of a decent size (it's still 10Mb, but down from the original 350Mb).

You'll need broadband if you want to see this very well (cable or dsl) :|

Vrezh's Video
mbbarnes

Post by mbbarnes »

Wow!! Great video. Makes me look forward to flying Yosemite one day! Great soundtrack, especially the heart beating at the begining.
The parting shot after the landing was nice as well. Thanks for posting this video

Bryan
(Tennessee)
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Chip, Thanks for resizing this video.

Vrezh, Great video! I love the flight off the Rock and it looked like you had great altitude as you flew near the top of Yosemite Falls.

Looking forward to next year. :lol:

Lynn
Christian

Post by Christian »

Great stuff. And as somebody pointed out on the Oz Report: if you have ever wondered exactly what happens when you release the VG on a glider, observe the change to the shape of Vrezh's sail at minute 3:01 of the video.
SHGA Communications

Post by SHGA Communications »

More than 900 people have viewed "Yosemite Video" here in its first week. The producer-director responds:

Thanks for watching.
Unfortunately the quality (resolution) is very low; we had to water it down to 10 Megs for the Internet. The original has the same duration, same footage, but almost 400 Megs. That's 720X480 per frame, plus 3 soundtracks and so on. I just made bunch of DVD copies and gave it to whoever was interested.
It took 2 flights, one with a wing cam, and one with a helmet cam. Also some footage from "auxiliary" cameras. Oh, yeah, one downtube too...
Everybody flies big floaters in Yosemite; after all it's a sledder. The idea was to fly as far as possible and still make it back to designated LZ.
So I had to get on a topless... I was carefully watching the altimeter, and my turning point came right in front of El Capitan.
The hardest part was to edit about 60 min of raw material to a more or less reasonable 5 min video. How did I do? You judge. No, I am not a professional. I used Pinnacle Studio 9 and some Nero. The music track is Pink Floyd, of course.
I whacked hard on the second landing, broke a dountube and the camera mount on the helmet (this was a helmet cam flight). The camera also suffered a little, but it was repairable. I usually run out my landings and I am a good runner, but it was waaaaay too fast. The last clip on the video is from the wing cam flight. The last frames are useless in terms of quality. So what you see is the best "usable" part. I had to slow down both wing and helmet cam footage for that ending part. And, yes, I pulled that landing off.
Cheers.
Vrezh.

Update from Chip: I have had about 10GB (that's gig), downloaded from my website, That's over 1000 users. :o
Christian

Post by Christian »

The Oz Report is hosting a higher res version:

Scare says:

"You can get the 640x480 full-resolution best-quality version here: http://www.ozreportradio.com/video?VrezhYosemite.avi. 62MB will take a while though."
Vrezh

Yosemite video

Post by Vrezh »

O.K. folks, my Yosemite Video is in OZ Report Video Library.
http://www.ozreportradio.com/video?VrezhYosemite.avi.
They named it Vrezh Yosemite :)
You'll see 2 links, leading to 10 Meg and 63 Meg versions. The difference of course is quality.
I apologize for a dead link at Chip's site; he got hacked and will be on line soon.
Cheers.
Vrezh.