Not the view you want of the Hospital "LZ"

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

gregangsten

Not the view you want of the Hospital "LZ"

Post by gregangsten »

Got awfully low in front of Big T a few weeks ago. This was near my low point.

JD

Re: Not the view you want of the Hospital "LZ"

Post by JD »

gregangsten wrote:Got awfully low in front of Big T a few weeks ago. This was near my low point....
Still shaking I see. Calmer eyes are seeing West Towers, Greg. Fast-forward to 4:45 for a better look at Olive View if you dare.
Cheers, JD

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_eHf-HGCRs[/youtube]
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

Thanks for the video, I just landed there 2 weeks ago so it's cool to see another pilot's approach as well.
JD

Post by JD »

mrobin604 wrote:Thanks for the video, I just landed there 2 weeks ago so it's cool to see another pilot's approach as well.
It was dead calm on my landing and the model rocket recovery chute proved nearly worthless as a drag chute. Anyhow, it's not such a good place to land a topless glider in dead air without a proper drag chute. Intermediate gliders and below--not so bad.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Don't know what you're talking about, Jonathan. I landed there early this year (or late last) after getting blown out of the sky and had no problem putting down safely in the LS4S.

Landing toward the mountain with 10-15 gusts from the NE was a no-brainer. Approach from the homes to the east, avoid the big rocks and pick a clearing between all the brush.

:roll: 8)

Glad you're well enough to fly again.