RD Election 2014

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

rebardan

RD Election 2014

Post by rebardan »

I posted a note about this year's Regional Director election on CSS site.
Thank You All.
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/node/971

Dan DeWeese
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

Thanks, Dan. Would Shiloh consider taking over?
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Bob Kuczewski

Disappointed

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Dan,

When I saw your name on the ballot 2 years ago, I had high hopes. That was an election that I was happy to lose. But in your two years, what have you accomplished other than maintaining the status quo?

We still - to this day - don't have a record of how our Directors vote on the USHPA Board. The Torrey Pines Soaring Council remains totally unbalanced with 3 representatives for RC pilots, 2 representatives for sailplanes (who haven't flown one flight in 5 years), and only 2 representatives for the sports of hang gliding and paragliding combined (effectively 2 for PG and none for HG). Robin Marien still claims he can charge outside tandem pilots whatever he wants to fly at Torrey, and you've ignored the Torrey Hawks request to purchase site insurance so we could make Torrey just a little bit more like other clubs including Crestline and Sylmar

I wish I could write how happy and proud I was to have had you as our Regional Director for 2 years, but the record just doesn't support that. Please let me know if I've missed anything because I'd love to post a more upbeat response to your departure as our Director.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Pete Michelmore

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

A little history ...

In 2005 David Jebb issued a P5 (Master) rating to Pete Michelmore. In 2008, I ran against David Jebb and Pete Michelmore put his name on the ballot as well. There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

But Pete Michelmore didn't really want to run against his buddy David Jebb. He just wanted the opportunity to endorse him and then drop out of the race. Here's Pete Michelmore's statement emailed by USHPA to all Region 3 members on September 29th, 2008 (check your email records if you want proof):
USHPA wrote: = = = =Statement by Pete Michelmore= = = =

I would like to endorse Dave Jebb as Regional Director for Region 3 again this year.

Dave has done an outstanding job for the members of Region 3 over the years and I feel is the best candidate for the job. I have known Dave for over 15 years now, and he is not only an exceptionally nice person, is fair, and trustworthy. His character is as flawless as his friendship to his fellow pilots. Dave is truly a born leader, and I'm proud to have him lead Region 3 as USHPA Director again this year.

Pete Michelmore
USHPA Master Tandem Instructor / Examiner Gravity Hawaii
44-116 Kauinohea Pl.
Kaneohe, HI. 96744
(808) 753-1027
www.gravityhawaii.com
I don't know Pete Michelmore, but use of his own candidacy to endorse David Jebb tells me all I need to know.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.