Owens valley next weekend

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

MikeL

Owens valley next weekend

Post by MikeL »

Hey y'all,

Anyone interested in a trip to the owens this coming memorial day weekend? I unfortunately have to be back here at some point sunday night but that still leaves time for flying on friday/sat/sun for me.

ML
OP

Post by OP »

It's looking like the Owens wont be "on."

Would you settle for a funston trip?
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

yeah the owens is looking crappy. I tend to think that 6 hours is a bit of a drive to be bored on a ridge, so I might just hang out around here.

ML
Steve90266

Funston

Post by Steve90266 »

I'm still thinking Funston. Thinking about leaving the LZ Friday night and making it to Salinas by around 12.
Steve Murillo
OP

Post by OP »

Owens is 'off'

Funston is 'on' all weekend. Seriously it will be on 24 hours/day all weekend long.
Steve90266

Funsten

Post by Steve90266 »

Me and OP headed up Memorial Day weekend and put the "Fun" back into Funston. The weather kind of sucked; wet, cold, cloud base 300 ft above launch, but that shit was blowing in! We flew at 9, 10, noon, you name it. Up and away, a few passes. Land, do it again. We worked it two days straight. Nothing epic but definitely fun. it was good to meet all the pilots up there. Good folk. BBQ on Monday with chicken, tri-tip, major mixed salad, everything. Good times.

Marshall, you'll get yours. I'm thinking we take a bigger group up there when the weather doesn't suck as bad. it's pretty much an H-3 site. H-2s can do it with "Sponsorship". Who's in?
Steve Murillo
OP

Post by OP »

Some off our flight time was cut short due to an unexpected massive BBQ in the area. Shown is the entire crew grounded due to cow over charcoal fumes. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0diNlSW00[/youtube]