Alarcons' Convictions Reversed

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

WingNutz

Alarcons' Convictions Reversed

Post by WingNutz »

The L.A. Times reported today that the convictions of Richard Alarcon and his wife, for falsely claiming to live in his electoral district, have been reversed.

While an L.A. City Councilman, Richard Alarcon was strongly supportive of hang gliding and of SHGA. He took several tandem flights with Joe Greblo and helped attract favorable public attention to our sport.

The Court of Appeals ruling is not an acquittal. The court ruled that the trial judge had given incorrect instructions to the jury, which improperly lowered the burden of proof for the prosecution. The DA could retry him. but my guess is that they probably won't.
Larry
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
JD

Post by JD »

Richard Alarcon did good things for the community and I'm really sorry he got caught up in the difficulties of political wrangling. I hope he does well in the private sector and I wish all the best on our current L.A. Councilperson.

Here's the LA Times piece ion the acquittal: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
Last edited by JD on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OP

Post by OP »

Geez, he was charged with 9 different felonies for claiming he lived in Panorama city but really lived in Sun Valley.