Neighborhood Council Elections (OP makes it easy)

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OP

Neighborhood Council Elections (OP makes it easy)

Post by OP »

You are probably a "Community Interest Stakeholder" meaning your vote is wanted in the Neighborhood Council election. Here is how:

1. Show up in person on Saturday April 2nd. 11am - 3pm. Directions

2. Vote online. Empower LA Online Voting

FAQ:
1. If you've read this far: Yes you have a substantial and ongoing stake within the Neighborhood Council’s boundaries. Your vote is welcome.
2. SHGA address 12584 Gridley Street

VOTING GUIDE If we all vote the same way, our impact will be substantial. This is a list of those whom share our interests.

Recreation / Open Spaces Seat
Diane Valencia

Retail Seat
Kathy Grubert
Francis Hughes
Kurt Cabrera-Miller

Home/Condo Owner Seat
Alex Guerrero
Lysander Cuevas
Wilson Bell
Peter Postlmayr

Educational Seat
Maria Silva

At-Large Seat
Donald J. Zelaya
David M. Rodriguez
John M. Pacheco

Senior Seat
Ann Job

Youth Seat
Sydney Velasquez
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

So, has anyone who doesn't live in Sylmar registered yet? If so, what did you use for the second piece of identification? I'm not sure what they want.
OP

Post by OP »

This describes some of the many forms of documentation that are acceptable: https://empowerla.org/wp-content/upload ... tation.pdf

It seems that if someone on the board could publish an official roster of members we'd all be good.

Also we could have the club write a letter in the form Los Angeles suggested.

gregangsten

I voted!

Post by gregangsten »

I just voted!

Since I won't be here that weekend, I did it online. Start here and use the SHGA and its address of 12584 Gridley Street, Sylmar California, to establish your stakeholder status and then follow the directions.
DianeV

Voting Online and at the polls

Post by DianeV »

Thanks to all SHGA members who have already voted online or are intending to vote in person. You do not need to live in Sylmar to vote and can use your SHGA affiliation with the Gridley address to substantiate your voter eligibility.

If anyone encounters difficulty with voting online, PM me or post your issues here. Online voting is new this year and it is not without some quirks!

You all are a huge part of what makes Sylmar great. Let's work together to help keep it that way...please be engaged in the selection of your local representation.

Thanks!

Diane Valencia
Recreation / Open Spaces candidate
greblo

Post by greblo »

Considering how important this is, I think we can get a large group of pilots and family members to show up at 10 am on this coming Saturday and car pool over to the Sylmar Recreation Center at 13109 Borden Avenue to vote for our Neighborhood Council candidates.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
DianeV

Post by DianeV »

Dear SHGA members and friends,

REMINDER - The Sylmar Neighborhood Council election is tomorrow. The polls are open from 11 AM to 3 PM.

I will stop by the flight park about 10:40 AM tomorrow to offer a ride to the polls.

I'll be in a white F-150 4x4 and can take 4 passengers. We may have others willing to run carpools too and we will do our best to get you all back ASAP so that you can get on with your day of flying.

Thank you!

Diane Valencia
Running for Recreation/Open Space Seat
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

The unofficial canvas of votes:
http://empowerla.org/wp-content/uploads ... 040216.pdf

linked from this website

https://empowerla.org/elections/region1/snc16/

looks like 86% of recommended candidates were elected.
Zelaya and Sydney Velasquez were not elected.
About 12 of 14 were elected.

still waiting for official results.