Garlock - Sunday 9/2/07

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Don

Back-up Plan

Post by Don »

Jeff Craig is going to discuss the weather situation with Greblo Saturday mid-evening. Greblo's concern is the possibility of thunderstorms. IF the decision is made NOT to go - Jeff will call everyone and let them know.

THEN, the decision needs to be made - should we do something else?

I'm thinking Crestline, Elsinore, or Dunlap.

The only problem with Elsinore is - unless you have already submitted your paperwork (which most have not) you can not land at the primary LZ - there are however numerous other LZs.

Dunlap is a 3 - 4 hour drive and REQUIRES a H-3 which is a problem for Jeff. Dunlap also has a $20 annual membership fee and a $5 - $10/person "contribution" to the Primary LZ owner would probably be appropriate.

I'm available by cell phone except for a couple hours Saturday Evening when I'm going to be at a Concert.

Don
562-424-9628
Lucky 13

Post by Lucky 13 »

Joe said I can go as long as I don't fly cross country, just ridge soaring and sled riding. I emailed Malury a few days ago to reserve a spot. I'll be there at 7 am. -Chris Lucky 13
Lucky 13

Post by Lucky 13 »

Joe said I can go as long as I don't fly cross country, just ridge soaring and sled riding. I emailed Malury a few days ago to reserve a spot. I'll be there at 7 am. -Chris Lucky 13
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

I might show up on my own Sunday.

My read is that the North winds are dropping off and that Garlock should have some chance of T-storms Sunday, but not a large chance. Farther north in the Owens is another story. Reasonable chance of storms there over the Sierras. Maybe only late in the day, though.

We've had some rip-roaring storms up here in the Antelope Valley (and especially N and E of here.) But they seem to be better day by day, and farther East each day.

The Blipmap shows lower chance of storms at Garlock Sunday. And N winds only in the morning. The good news is that it doesn't look like there will be strong SW winds in the afternoon. That's usually the problem at Garlock.

Of course, all of this is a forecast, so be careful and watch the actual weather on the day in question.

Hope you all have great, safe and fun flights, whether I go or not!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
jsc1959

Post by jsc1959 »

its a GO! I talked to Joe and he say's he thinks it worth going. So Ill cya all in the LZ at 7 am.

Jeff
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

Just got the word. I can't go. Hope you all enjoy, though. And fly far!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Don

It's a GO !

Post by Don »

Greblo thinks it is worth a "shot".

Meet in the LZ by 7:30 AM

Be quite - don't disturb the neighbors.