Photos and Biographies of All Kagelites Solicited

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

JT

Photos and Biographies of All Kagelites Solicited

Post by JT »

Don Banas, Jeff Chipman, Ken Andrews and I are going ahead with the creation of a gallery of pilots. New graduates and new-to-the-area pilots will debut in the New Faces section of the Forum. After a time we haven't defined yet, they will move to the gallery. When it's created, this will be the Sylmartians area of the site. I am collecting photos as of now. Send me your favorite picture of yourself with a short bio; Don has created a suggested format.

Name: ________________________________________________

Nick Name (if any): ______________________________________

Forum Name: __________________________________________

First Beach Lesson: ______________________________________

First Solo Flight: _________________________________________

Flying Aspirations: ________________________________________

Other Comments: ________________________________________

This is only a suggestion. Write what you would like to see next to your mug. It doesn't have to be about flying. I will edit for length and content, as necessary. A biography is required as proof of consent. It can be one word after your name, your nick name or whatever but we will not post a photo without one.

If you don't have a photo you like but want one, seek out Don in the LZ. He will have bio forms, also.

And it's not only pilots. Drivers, members' wives & kids, groupies, hangers-on, anyone part of the Kagel family is invited and included.

Submit all to me at:

lazyshade@hotmail.com.

No one has to be a stranger anymore.
Frederick

Great idea

Post by Frederick »

This getting to know each other subject was discussed quite a bit at the board meetings 1-2 years ago -- a recognized opportunity. I chewed on it a lot back then. I think doing pilot profiles is great -- with LZ-recognizable photos. Then the new (and even prospective) pilots can get a feel for what the people are like who are actually in this sport. Additionally, as they get into it or even just visit, they can already know a bit on the people they're seeing. As soon as they want to in their learning process (perferably by first solo), they can make their profile and feel like they're becoming "a pilot", and the rest of us can get a little backgrounder on them. I've thought doing little announcements on the Kagel Kam or the front page of the SHGA site would be great, Joe: "Congratulations Jackie _____ on her first solo flight yesterday!" As a heads-up to the rest of us that there is another new one in the midst. However, if new pilots were asked to put their profile up at the time of first soloing, then the eblast could announce those postings at the time they get put up, and we could all find out and then click over to their profile and see what the new pilot looks like at that same time. That would have a lot more effect than catching the KK or home page on the right day.
JT

Post by JT »

The party's on, Ladies and Gentlemen! Send your photo and bio to me to join Rob, Ken, Hungary Joe and others during construction of the new pilot gallery. Ken has provided a flexible platform that even I can play with and I'm adding members as they arrive. Posting of a link some time in the near future. Remember: full face shots, without glasses or helmets preferred and don't forget to include a few words to go with it.

lazyshade@hotmail.com
JT

Terrorism High Threat Alert - Code Red

Post by JT »

The less than tepid response to this post and e-mail solicitations for subject material has encouraged me to search for photos and create "biographies," really, captions, that many of you would not normally have composed for yourself. The images are often already available on this site. Worried? You now have the opprtunity to intercede by either submitting your own favorite photo of yourself and some useful biographic material or respond here or to

lazyshade@hotmail.com

with a request for exclusion. Be forewarned: I was kind, mostly but it is my frame of reference.

Spread the word and watch for a debut soon.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Jim,

Why wait? Post what you have now so people will see what they have to look forward to. I encourge you to think up your own stuff for the slackers that won't give you what you ask. We both have lots we can say about many pilots if they won't volunteer their own back ground. I am looking forward to it and will assist if needed!
JT

Post by JT »

I'm just waiting for the webmaster to add the link to the main page. Then I may have to leave town for a while.
JT

Post by JT »

I'm back. New photos wanted. Tired of the defamation of your good name in Member Photos? Send a caption.