Ojai FlyIn video - my first video in years

Links to flying related videos.
chadness

Ojai FlyIn video - my first video in years

Post by chadness »

I have finally produced another HG movie. This is of my Ojai flight a couple weeks ago.

A few negative notes:
1.) I wanted to integrate with Google Earth for the big picture. I don’t think it represents well
2.) I’ve had an idea for a while to bring in the real sounds of flying – both in-flight pilot commentary and radio chat. It turns out that music still is more fun;)
3.) YouTube is getting really picky with copyrighted material. I had to change my original music selection as YouTube flagged it and pulled the audio
4.) The PiP of the crappy helmet cam is barely worth it.
5.) Syncing video sources is tedious. There is some drift so they constantly get out of sync.
6.) I wanted to stay at the one song limit but was having so much fun that it went two songs.

A few positive notes:
1.) My editing software works pretty well
2.) The GoPro camera works great – nice to finally be working with high resolution footage.
3.) I had good footage to work with as the Ojai area is beautiful
4.) Andy Beem mentioned that just by making good hang gliding videos they are getting more inquiries at WindSports. Hopefully this one is good.

Comments welcome to help steer the next one.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoMHDazJnE0

Best if viewed at a higher res (720p is fine) and full screen. If so, gotta do something else while it buffers.
chadness

Post by chadness »

oops, also forgot to mention some photos at:
http://www.chadness.co.cc/Trips/Trips20 ... yOjai.html
abinder

Post by abinder »

Very nice chad.

Also, nice touch with the helmet cam.
Too bad they didn't make those helmet cams ('lipstick' cam?) with some sort of 'anti-shake' circuitry.

Still, a very nice video.

Thanks for sharing.

Allen
wingedemily

Post by wingedemily »

Great movie and pix, Chad. Makes us not want to wait another year for the next fly in!