New Glider

Links to flying related videos.
chadness

New Glider

Post by chadness »

a leopard can't change his spots, and i didn't change "my colors" much. From gray/black/yellow to yellow/red/black.

Some video at:

http://youtu.be/E4C7JZkbfYs

p.s. The end is just dogs knocking over cones; quit watching when you are bored with that.
JD

Post by JD »

I loved the cone-tipping dog segment. That was a hoot. Great looking glider too but you knew that. :D
OP

Post by OP »

Nice video, clean wing my friend. However you've made more questions than you've answered.

Compare its launch, glide, climb and landing v. the Moyes setup you rocked for quite some time.

Also, why the oneFIVEfour? We all know you size and stature. Seems that the 144 would have best fit. What made your choice.
Busto

Post by Busto »

It looks good, didn't seem to be tossing you around much.

I bet the glide is great.

By the way...we were talking about the dogs at Thursday's board meeting; the Video is funny, and it looks as if they are playing an organized game of, "Who can knock down the most cones".

We were not sure if that was the case, but at high speed...it sure looks that way.
Last edited by Busto on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skygeek AKA Seabass

Post by skygeek AKA Seabass »

They are looking for lizards or any other creature. And yes it was very funny in fast motion reminded me of those closing videos on Benny Hill.
chadness

Post by chadness »

yeah, the dog video was pretty funny. I showed it to my wife and said I had wished I started video taping from the beginning when all the cones were still standing, and she said, why didn't you just stand them up before you started taping. d'oh - didn't think of that!

another friend suggested hiding snausages under each one so the dogs would be more expeditious:)

As for the glider, I am 6'2" and weigh in at a body weight of about 193# (down from about 200). Don't believe? - bring a scale to the LZ. I fly a reasonable heavy harness (Matrix Race) and according to WillsWing I could fly either glider but I'm slightly more in the range of the bigger (154). I believe my Litespeed 4.5s is the same size at the T2 154, perhaps even a bit bigger.

Both gliders fly great. They are much more similar, as fellow high performance wings, than different. With infrequent flying days this Fall and little time on the T2 I can't really confess too understanding the differences well yet. After a couple more flights I will probably have some conclusions.

I considered getting a new sail for my Litespeed but the economics favored a new WW and selling the Litespeed. My first topless was a Talon, heavily used, from Jay. I was able to pick it up for just a couple grand to fly it for a season and decide if I wanted to move to the latest generation of comp wings from my Xtralight147 (old gen of comp wings). I hope my Litespeed will be able to provide that to someone else now and help me fund my new glider. Sentimentally procrastinating posting adds for it:)