The other side

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

I'd like the Sylmar folks to meet Doug Poirier (posted above).

I saw him just today at Torrey. He challenged me to a fist fight (this is his typical pugnacious style). He's challenged me to fights before (at the Soaring Council and on the LZ at Torrey). He's part of the "I can't believe anyone beat David Jebb" crowd, and that crowd is so angry that they're wasting our time and resources holding a special recall election even though I'm up for normal election later this year anyway. It's their way of getting back at me for defeating Jebb. Boo Hoo.

And what is the basis for this recall? Is it because I worked to get more representation for hang glider pilots at Torrey? Is it because I've worked for open voting by the USHPA Board so our members will see how we've voted? Is it because I founded the Torrey Hawks to give a separate voice for hang glider pilots? Or is it because I've worked to open up the EC meetings to all Directors so we can more properly represent our members? Are those good reasons to recall a Director?

No, they aren't good reasons. The only reason they're holding this recall is because Doug Poirier and the Torrey "in crowd" can't stand that I'm down there trying to clean up that site and make it fair to all pilots (HG and PG alike). Make no mistake, that's what this is all about.

As for Doug Poirier, if anyone would like to know what kind of a man he is, please read the following posting to hanggliding.org. But be warned that the language used by Doug is foul, offensive, and disturbing. I'm only offering it because you should know what kind of filth is behind this recall movement:

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... 694#115694

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been dealing with that kind of filth for 3 years now, and they can't stand that I'm still in there fighting for fairness. So they want me out. Again, Boo Hoo.

By the way, when was the last time anyone saw Doug Poirier flying his paraglider at Sylmar?
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph

This sucks

Post by Joseph »

I get it. A bunch of guys don't like each other. I am sure at some point this all started with good intentions, but now very little of anything is coming of this, other than really bumming me out.

So can you do me a favor and fight somewhere else.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

jt wrote:George Stebbins, my friend, where are you?
I'm staying out of this.

In the words of Dan Carvey doing his impression of the first President Bush:

"Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent."
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George