Petition to recall Region 3 Director Bob Kuczewski

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
barton

Petition to recall Region 3 Director Bob Kuczewski

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Petition to recall Region 3 Director Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Hey Barton,

I might want to sign that. But first I'd like to know who the other candidates are. If you've got Rob McKenzie or maybe Joe Greblo willing to do it, then I might just resign to turn the job over to them (in fact, I wouldn't have run for Director in the first place if they had been willing to do it). So if you've got a good candidate, then we could save USHPA all the money and hassle of holding a special election. You do want to save USHPA money don't you?

But if you're going to offer another candidate like David Jebb, then I don't think I'll be resigning, and, in fact, I will work hard to defeat them.

So, just in case anyone wants to look before they leap, can you tell us who you've got as a candidate before you start asking for people's signatures? Wouldn't that make sense? That's what I'd want to know before I could give you my signature.

Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski

barton wrote:Anyone wanting to ADD their name to the petition to recall region 3 director Bob Kuczewski, please see me, call me (562.400.8105) or email me ([email protected]).
JT

Post by JT »

Rest assured, Bob; I've spoken with the putative candidate and he seems to me to be a nice guy (of course you did, too), presenty serving his constituents in another capacity. He doesn't want the attention that his candidacy will bring, particularly from you, until the signature collection phase is successful. Then you can pounce. Or not.

Dont' worry, I hear the collection is going well; you should know soon.

Or maybe you'd like to fall on your sword now and save everyone the trouble. You already realize that you aren't going to get anywhere with your problems going through the USHPA. If I were the Executive Committee, I'd let you attend as often as you like for the rest of your term and then just ignore you. So, even if you win a suit or they concede to your demand, you still won't get anywhere. It is a sad thing, because in issues, you have a lot of support and friends I speak with think you're right on some of those issues.

I'm thinking of a betta fish in a bowl by a mirror: the male flashes his colors for a while but, eventually, when there's no one really there to fight, he goes dull and impotent.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Just so everyone is clear...

You support my issues, but you want to recall me anyway.
You're collecting recall signatures yet you won't divulge the alternate.
You've got a candidate who's afraid of any questions I might ask them.

Is that pretty much correct?

Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski

jt wrote:Rest assured, Bob; I've spoken with the putative candidate and he seems to me to be a nice guy (of course you did, too), presenty serving his constituents in another capacity. He doesn't want the attention that his candidacy will bring, particularly from you, until the signature collection phase is successful. Then you can pounce. Or not.

Dont' worry, I hear the collection is going well; you should know soon.

Or maybe you'd like to fall on your sword now and save everyone the trouble. You already realize that you aren't going to get anywhere with your problems going through the USHPA. If I were the Executive Committee, I'd let you attend as often as you like for the rest of your term and then just ignore you. So, even if you win a suit or they concede to your demand, you still won't get anywhere. It is a sad thing, because in issues, you have a lot of support and friends I speak with think you're right on some of those issues.

I'm thinking of a betta fish in a bowl by a mirror: the male flashes his colors for a while but, eventually, when there's no one really there to fight, he goes dull and impotent.
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

This is like bad Kabuki theater.

barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Today at the flight park at the end of the day, out of dozens of pilots, there was only one signature on the petition. He had a great flight and I believe was way sky drunk.

Remember - If Greblo somehow takes over for Bob, he won't be here to save out flight park when the fires and rains come.

I also read somewhere that Bob had the biggest win ever recorded or largest margin of votes.

Also if you look at the election results this time around, Rob Sporrer had nearly double the votes as Brad Hall.
JT

Post by JT »

Bob Kuczewski wrote:Just so everyone is clear...

You support my issues, but you want to recall me anyway.
You're collecting recall signatures yet you won't divulge the alternate.
You've got a candidate who's afraid of any questions I might ask them.

Is that pretty much correct?

Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski
No.
I don't support that you got yourself elected as a regional director to pursue your vendetta against a concession that I could care no less about or be a one-issue-pony.

I don't support that you make it sound as if you are the only honest director. I doubt very much that any director would not tell a constituent how s/he voted, if asked. Everything doesn't have to be a roll-call vote.

I don't support your threatened litigation against USHPA, even if you are correct and it is unfair to exclude you from executive committee meetings (which I disagree is your right).

I agree that any site, including Torrey should have a clear set of rules and fairly administer them regardless of the type of wing. However, as a business, the concession has a right to operate in its best interests.

I do support your wish to make Torrey a better place for all to fly whether or not I care to fly there.

I don't support your heavy-handed, confrontational style. If you had been handling the isues at Kagel, I wouldn't have had a site to come back to fly.

The alternate doesn't matter until the signatures are collected. Then there will be a formal ballot naming any candidates. I don't choose to disclose his identity. If you really want to know who it is, ask the people in your own area. Since you enjoy such wild support in San Diego, I'm sure your friends there will gladly divulge the information you seek. Or has that been problematic for you lately?

No, the candidate is not afraid of questions you might ask him. He's avoiding the avalanche of Bob K rhetoric that befalls any who don't follow your party line.

I am, in fact, a distraction for you Bob. While you spend your time chasing after me, addressing my transgressions against the Church of Bob, the Bounce Bob movement is stealthily gathering steam.

Did it ever occur to you, Bob, that it is your behavior that drives me to such depths of annoyance that I feel I need to to what I'm doing? Are you incapable of stepping out of your shoes to see how you might appear to others? That your counterparts won't speak with you, return your calls and turn their back on you should be a clue.

I did support you. I tell everyone you are a likable person. Hell, next time I see you, I'll still talk to you. I may tell you to get prescription for valium... Or I may tell you that your political skills are nearly non-existent. But that just puts you in the same boat as me. However, I'm not now and never will run to be a regional director for just that reason.

Am I clear Bob? You should resign. You don't get to pick your successor. Just go quietly and mend some personal fences. Go fly, I'm sure you're better at that, it's much more fun and being a regional director is, especially for you, a thankless task.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Thanks to dhmartens and JBBenson. Good comments.

The 2008 election results were:

Bob Kuczewski 122
David Jebb 98

The 2009 election results were:

Brad Hall 111
Jerry Katz 72
Rob Sporrer 151

Since the real 2009 competition was between Brad and Jerry, everyone voting for either cast their second vote for Rob Sporrer (which is why he ended up with almost as much as both put together).

To be honest, I feel badly that I did not campaign as actively as I could have for Jerry, and I do feel that I let him down. I allowed myself to be distracted by some of USHPA's personal attacks (the March 2009 EC letter and their barring me from EC meetings), and I formally apologize to Jerry for not working as hard as I should have.

As for JT, I am again disappointed that you would put words in my mouth and make assumptions without knowing the facts. You wrote:
JT wrote:I don't support that you got yourself elected as a regional director to pursue your vendetta against a concession that I could care no less about or be a one-issue-pony.
I did not get myself elected to pursue a vendetta against a concession. I got myself elected to be a voice for the Region 3 pilots who did not have a voice at USHPA. I am a representative of the pilots. When USHPA tells me that I can't attend an EC meeting, they're telling those pilots that their representative can't attend an EC meeting. When USHPA tells us that they're going to hold secret ballots, they're telling those pilots that they don't deserve to know how our Directors are voting. When USHPA refuses to support a USHPA Chapter, they're telling those pilots that they don't deserve USHPA support. I got myself elected to cure all those problems and any more that come along. Those who claim that I only got elected to get rid of David Jebb are wrong. David Jebb is gone, and I'm still working to fix problems. What more proof do you need?
JT wrote:I don't support that you make it sound as if you are the only honest director. I doubt very much that any director would not tell a constituent how s/he voted, if asked. Everything doesn't have to be a roll-call vote.
There you go putting words in my mouth again. I never said that everything has to be a roll call vote - so that's an incorrect statement. You make that statement to make it sound as if I want something unreasonable - which I don't.

I've also never said that I was the "only honest director". There are many good Directors on that Board. But there are also some Directors who have used their positions to undermine a USHPA Chapter (the Torrey Hawks), and that is wrong. They have punished an entire Chapter because of their personal dislike for me. That's conduct undeserving of their own Directorships.
JT wrote:I don't support your threatened litigation against USHPA, even if you are correct and it is unfair to exclude you from executive committee meetings (which I disagree is your right).
I'm sorry, but I believe this is an important issue. Regional Directors are the "eyes and ears" of our members. If the Executive Committee is allowed to shut out Directors, they are effectively shutting out the connection to their members. That's just wrong.
JT wrote:I don't support your heavy-handed, confrontational style. If you had been handling the isues at Kagel, I wouldn't have had a site to come back to fly.
I've been working on the situation at Torrey for 3 years now, and I flew there just today. Surprise, surprise, it's still open! In fact, many people would say the atmosphere is better than it has been in years. So the idea that my "confrontational style" is threatening sites is just fear mongering.
JT wrote:Since you enjoy such wild support in San Diego, I'm sure your friends there will gladly divulge the information you seek. Or has that been problematic for you lately?
I've been told it's Bill Helliwell.
JT wrote:I am, in fact, a distraction for you Bob. While you spend your time chasing after me, addressing my transgressions against the Church of Bob, the Bounce Bob movement is stealthily gathering steam.
Thanks for letting everyone know how you operate Jim. I'm not chasing after you. I'm just answering the mail as I have done dozens of times for dozens of pilots on many different forums. You're not the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last. I am your Regional Director whether you like me or not. You've posed some questions and I'm answering them. I know that seems a little odd since David Jebb would not respond to any challenges. But I'm not David Jebb (see the 2009 election results posted above). You can be nasty to me and sign recall petitions, and I'll still come to this forum and patiently answer your questions. That's what a good Regional Director does. In fact, whether you like me or not, I'll bet everyone has learned a lot about USHPA, the Executive Committee, and many other important topics through my efforts. Some appreciate that information and others seem to hate ( :twisted: ) it. I'll support those who want information every time.
JT wrote:Am I clear Bob? You should resign. You don't get to pick your successor. Just go quietly and mend some personal fences. Go fly, I'm sure you're better at that, it's much more fun and being a regional director is, especially for you, a thankless task.
I signed up to do a job. A lot of good people put their faith in me, and I've been working for openness, accountability, and fairness for all of our members. I don't plan to let them down. You are wrong about it being a thankless task. Many people have taken the time to really look at what I've worked for and they have thanked me. Without them, I'd have moved on long ago. They're the reason I stay, and I thank every one who has given me their votes and their words of support.

Bob Kuczewski
Regional Director - USHPA Region 3
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

barton wrote:My thanks to those that stepped up. We now have enough signatures to qualify for the recall.

barton
Barton, you used to sign your email messages with "Peace", but now you're consumed with hate. I am disappointed in you, but I know you better now.

Bob Kuczewski
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Barton, the word is hate. You've joined forces with those who've hated me and hated what I've worked to accomplish for 3 years.

I will send you an email message with examples of Doug Poirier's written statements that are too vulgar for me to post to this site (Doug Poirier is the fellow who's behind the recall).

Barton, I will just ask you one thing. Please read that email message and post to this site whether you feel Doug Poirier is filled with hatred toward me or not. It's an easy question, and I look forward to your answer.

Bob Kuczewski

barton wrote:do not put your spin on my words, please.

the word is not hate...

i do not like or appreciate what you have become or what you are doing to the members of the USHPA.

it is DISAPPOINTMENT, in a big way.

i know it is beyond you to man-up to your responsibilities to the national organization or to those in region 3. you are damaged goods, your right wing is broken and on fire as you plummet towards your destiny. it is not too late for your to throw your chute. ground rush is happening at a quick pace.

do the right thing and resign,

barton
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Doug,

You're already showing your stripes to the Sylmar folks. Where did I say I "would resign if a recall were to be initiated"?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Kuczewski
Douglas Poirier wrote:Besides the post on this forum contained in the "Other side" thread, stating he would resign if a recall were to be initiated, bob posted the following on another forum:

I don't know if this "recallBobk" cult will have the votes to win a recall election, but they may be able to gather enough signatues to have one held. That would be another sad waste of USHPA's resources. After all, if they've got a fair and reasonable candidate, I might just ask Lisa to appoint them in my place if I resign. I have no desire for power. My desire is for fairness.

Oh, but they won't tell anyone who their "candidate" is. I wonder why.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Hi Douglas Poirier,

One request. Can you switch the text and background color on the recallbobk website. I find it hard to read for any length of time.
Black over white works best for me. Glad to meet you by the way.
I guess I'm too lazy to cut and paste and do it myself.

Doug Martens

Be sure all of the recall signatures you are counting on are up to date on their dues.
Last edited by dhmartens on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

8) :D Image