Writing Analysis of BobK 12/13 - 12/26 [infotainment]

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
OP

Post by OP »

Somebody has been spreading 5 year old rumors? Take to the streets and squash that beef.

JD

Post by JD »

Bob Kuczewski wrote:This turned out to be a useful topic after all.

It appears that Barton has been carrying a lie around for 5 years now. I used to fly north of bathtub rock all the time before the rule was put in place. But I haven't violated that rule once - not even one time - in all those years. Here's a link to my report of the incident from November of 2010:

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185

So for 5 years Barton has been harboring the misconception that I violated rules at Torrey. And not once in those 5 years did he pick up the phone to ask about it. Instead he goes around calling me a liar and spreading the slander that I've violated rules at Torrey.

This is another clue as to why USHPA has become uninsurable. Any aviation sport that doesn't value and seek truth is doomed. Gravity pays no attention to the rumor mill, and Shannon's collision is proof.

Barton, if you feel like apologizing and fixing the damage you've done, I would appreciate it ... but I'll take your advice and not hold my breath.
Since we're all so evil and the sports is doomed Bob, perhaps it's time you found another activity since we're all on a sinking ship? :wink:
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

OP wrote:Take to the streets and squash that beef.
These are the streets. : )

Tangent Man wrote:Since we're all so evil and the sports is doomed Bob, perhaps it's time you found another activity since we're all on a sinking ship? :wink:
Quoting words that people didn't say is a deceptive and faulty form of argument.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
OP

Post by OP »

Last edited by OP on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

OP,

Your previous post is libel since I did not write or say what you posted.

You may have intended it to be funny, and I'll take it in that spirit. But anyone searching the internet and finding that quote could use it in ways that are harmful to me both personally and professionally.

I am therefore asking you to remove it immediately.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Kuczewski
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.20.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

barton wrote:Robert, just not interested into listening to your perception of the moments make our history. The organization is trying to save itself n all you want to do is stop the collective effort of like minded individuals. Wish you joy in your endeavors wherever you go. My apologies to the peanut gallery for feeding the beast.
Translation: You're not willing or able to admit that your accusations were false or own up to the damage they have caused.

With regard to the "collective effort", I see a desperate attempt to get USHPA members to "DONATE" to an RRG that will be "OWNED" by the entities that profit from our sports.

The "collective effort" you mentioned looks more like lemmings being led to the cliff - unhooked.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

OP, thanks for removing your post.

As I mentioned, I'm sure it was intended in good humor, and there's no harm and no foul. Thanks for participating in the discussions.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.20.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

barton wrote:BobK(razy) you sir, are just a simple bully. Much like that fat boy known as trump. Bullies never win, which makes you a LOSER in so many ways.

Never put words in my mouth fathead!
Translation: Barton is so angry about being caught making false accusations that he resorts to childish name calling.

Barton, a more mature response might look like this:
Gee Bob, I could have sworn that was you, but I called Joe Spinney as you suggested and he confirmed that he had flown past Bathtub Rock but you had turned back. I'm really sorry for calling you a liar. I'm also sorry for holding that against you for the past 5 years and for making false statements behind your back for all that time.
Barton, when you admit your mistakes and apologize, they fade into history. But when you double down on your mistakes, they come back again and again.
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

Bob, if you're going to escalate and make a veiled legal threat to OP, I think it's time I escalate and mention that all this shit belongs in Politics and Off Topic, and you should stop posting it in this one. You are violating the rules, and we've been very tolerant of it, but I think we've all had enough of your efforts to bring up your crusade in every thread that has the vaguest relevance to it.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Bob,

I have to agree with Marshal. Please continue this discussion on the politics/off topic section. Your "sparing partners" will gladly follow, as will the morbidly curious. Those not interested might just get a break.

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

Rob
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Rob and Marshal,

I agree. I started one topic in October and there has been a proliferation of other topics since then. Some of those other topics (including this one) appear to be diversionary in nature and probably should go to "Politics". I think the original October topic and Ken's more recent topic are both worthy of the General forum since they are highly important and will affect almost every member.

With regard to OP's comment and my request to remove it, I give him high praise for recognizing that his comment could be misinterpreted and removing it quickly. We're all hang glider pilot's here and that brings with it a high degree of self confidence and spirit. I think this topic reflects that, and sometimes that spirit can take us a bit further than intended. I think OP recognized that, and was very quick to fix it. Again, high praise for that.

With regard to this particular topic (infotainment analysis of bobk's writing), I recognize that I'm fair game for all comers. I stepped into the political arena to fix a problem that I witnessed at Torrey and I knew I would get some resistance. I feel my arguments are on solid ground and I can answer the mail from all challengers. I appreciate that the Sylmar leadership hasn't silenced my voice as they have at Crestline. The decisions before us are important for the future of free flight, and exploring all the possibilities is messy business. Thanks for tolerating it.
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

My main objection was that a thread calling for donating to the RRG was hijacked by you to DETER people from doing so.

You're free to debate the merits... in Politics and Off Topic. That thread is not the place for it.
r8pistol

Post by r8pistol »

I'm laughing so hard right now at all of this. Leave it to our dearly beloved and sorely missed Ope to suddenly pop up and give this shrill, shrieking troll a good rogering. For some unknown reason, after all the bullshit and drama this dude has brought upon himself, he thinks people are actually going to consider his opinions. It was mildly fun for about 5 minutes, but lately has started to infect our normally positive and productive forum with an energy that I for one do not abide. Why he feels the need to keep clogging up our forum with the same tedious diatribe, that nobody agrees with, is beyond me. I've seen the reality of the collective position explained to him time and time again to no avail, and it's just silly to allow this voice of negativity and delusion to run unchecked for the sake of a "discussion" that nobody agrees with. Therefore I would like to raise the suggestion of a forum ban. I know he's been banned from other forums for the very same issues, and I don't see any possible positive contributions from his attempts at further "discussion" on our forum.

Thank you OP for wielding your sorely missed and unique genius in exposing the ridiculousness of this guys exhaustive rants. Flesch-kincaid grade level 7.9, lol....

My only other question is to why dhmertans has not weighed in yet.
:?: :P :roll:
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

The question of how USHPA leadership lost the insurance plan that the members had been funding for decades is worthy of discussion.

The question of whether Sylmar pilots should be "donating" while others are "investing" is worthy of discussion.

The question of whether SHGA should be forming their own insurance pool or participating as an owner is worthy of discussion.

The possibility of freeing your site from insurance requirements through the recreational use statutes is worthy of discussion.

Yet there's a group that wants to silence that discussion. They want Sylmar pilots to blindly follow without even seeing a discussion that might expose alternatives.

People like that are not new and they always try to shout others down with personal attacks and diversionary tactics because their own arguments are so weak. Don't let them do it.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

mrobin604 wrote:My main objection was that a thread calling for donating to the RRG was hijacked by you to DETER people from doing so.

You're free to debate the merits... in Politics and Off Topic. That thread is not the place for it.
On the US Hawks forum we have a special section called the "Blog Forum". People who start topics in the Blog Forum are considered "owners" of their topic and can set whatever rules they want to exclude other's views. It's worked well for us and might be worthy of consideration here.

However, in the main forum we allow all sides of a topic to be discussed - as they should be.

Of course the "throw money at USHPA" crowd wants to only present one side of the story. But that does a disservice to the members - however few - who might want to hear alternatives.

This is how totalitarianism begins.
OP

Post by OP »

You guys don't get it. He wont stop until he is booted from our forum. That's his modus operandi. hanggliding.org BANNED ozreport.com BANNED torrey pines BANNED ushpa BANNED. He just keeps going. It's my job to exercise him until him and his subnet mask are BANNED from shga.com.

Personally I find the physiology fascinating. A bizarre failure mode in the psyche of a trouble man. Tad Ericson went down the same route. Who knows, one day i might shit the bed and spiral into madness. A public meltdown displayed on hang gliding community internet forums. My concern with Bob is if he goes full Tad on us. Sadly Tad lost his balls in the same circumstances. Literally, he had his testicles surgically removed. I'm not joking.

He was speed dialing his 'lawyers' over this:
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

OP wrote:You guys don't get it. He wont stop until he is booted from our forum. That's his modus operandi. hanggliding.org BANNED ozreport.com BANNED torrey pines BANNED ushpa BANNED. He just keeps going. It's my job to exercise him until him and his subnet mask are BANNED from shga.com.

Personally I find the physiology fascinating. A bizarre failure mode in the psyche of a trouble man. Tad Ericson went down the same route. Who knows, one day i might shit the bed and spiral into madness. A public meltdown displayed on hang gliding community internet forums. My concern with Bob is if he goes full Tad on us. Sadly Tad lost his balls in the same circumstances. Literally, he had his testicles surgically removed. I'm not joking.

He was speed dialing his 'lawyers' over this:
OP, I have treated you with the respect that I would give to a fellow pilot sincerely seeking solutions in cases where we might disagree. From your confession listed here, it appears you've not been deserving of my effort.

The miraculous sport of hang gliding is at what might be it's most perilous moment, and you appear to be playing games rather than having a serious discussion. Thanks for that insight into your own value system.

And for what it's worth, your fascination with Tad's body parts seems a bit ... obsessive.
OP

Post by OP »

Bob this is a serious thread, for serious arguments about the future of our sport. Please treat it as such.

I just find it funny the biggest dick out there doesn't have any balls. Why is he on the internet telling people this?