USHPA pulls Torrey Exemption: The story behind the headlines

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

For the record, Mark Forbes recently clarified that Max Marien's tandem rating had not been pulled by USHPA, but had been "internally suspended at Torrey for a while". This raises the additional question of why his rating wasn't officially revoked by USHPA instead of allowing it to be "internally suspended at Torrey for a while".

For clarity, and to make the record as clear as possible, the word "effectively" should be inserted to indicate that while the rating was not officially pulled, it was "effectively" pulled. Whether pulled officially or pulled "internally", the effect was the same that Robin Marien's son Max was unable to conduct tandem flights for money at Torrey Pines under USHPA's tandem exemption. I believe (as stated above) that was the motivation behind ACA finding another tandem exemption for Max (and possibly others at Torrey).
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

By the way, there's a lot of speculation because USHPA has not been forthcoming with facts.

For example, now that Mark Forbes has admitted that USHPA didn't pull Max Marien's rating, the time line might make even more sense.

If the "secret agreement" to not pull Max Marien's tandem rating was based on an understanding that he would be "internally suspended", then subsequent reports of Max giving tandems might have triggered USHPA's broadcast letter.

Either way, USHPA has bungled the handling of problems at Torrey Pines for at least a decade now. Unfortunately, they seem to have dug their heels in and are flying that position all the way to their next crash.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
AlC

Seriously??

Post by AlC »

Bob:

Now you are just making things up out of thin air. A "secret agreement"?? Seriously?

Let's face some facts here. You were proven wrong about money being the trigger. You were proven wrong about the suspension even existing, much less being an issue. Your theory lacks any foundation so now you invent an "agreement" to shore things up. You are supposed to be a man of science. Use some discipline and admit the theory was incorrect. Sometimes the greatest learning comes from disproving a theory.

This reminds me of a story I heard about a year ago. There was an activist in New York City working to allow the keeping of ferrets as pets. He lobbied for years to have the little critters allowed; to no avail. He even got into a shouting match with Mayor Giuliani on an open mic talk show once. Anyway, last year, 15 years and several administrations later, New York City finally enacted an ordinance to allow the keeping of ferrets as pets. A reporter remembered this guy and reached out for an interview, expecting him to be taking a victory lap after all his years of effort. Nope! In the follow up interview the guy did nothing but complain about how the city's new ordinance was all wrong and how he would fight to give the ferrets the respect they deserve.

I call him "Ferret Bob".

- Alan
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Alan Crouse:

1. How long have you personally known of (or suspected) the tandem exemption violations at Torrey? 

2. What was the exact date that Max Marien's tandem rating was revoked or suspended (whether by USHPA or "internally")? 

3. What was the exact date that Torrey applied for their alternate exemption? 

4. What is the total income that USHPA has gotten through Torrey Pines over the last 10 years? Please include tandem fees, ongoing memberships from students trained at Torrey, instructor fees, and all other income that USHPA gets either directly or indirectly through the Torrey concession (including magazine advertisements). 

5. What was the exact date that USHPA (including USHPA's lawyer) first became aware of the July 2011 tandem video showing Brad Geary and Max Marien bumping their paragliders into each other while both were carrying child passengers? 
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

My September 9th concussion is getting better so I will ask your question to the Atavacron:
1. How long have you personally known of (or suspected) the tandem exemption violations at Torrey?

answer:
sometime between having an omelet at Mimi's cafe and the Punky Brewseter Marathon on Nickelodeon.

There are some bigger questions about our future.

Is the rrrg (of which I am an investor) selling insurance to ACA or unworthy instructors at that site which create unnecessary and illegal exposure to California investors?

Does USHPA acknowledge the $1,200 e-help system?

Will USHAWKS allow paragliders to become members and steer them into the safer whoopyfly?

Does USHPA take seriously the per capita pilot ratio in France more than 10 to 1 as compared to the US and have any plan to counter this?

I am also involved in a wrongful death suit against Jean Marie Creutz
May 19 2015 at Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center in which I witnessed first degree murder as they injected her and I watched her suffocate to death in 30 seconds and her daughter is asking for $1 million in settlement.

I hope to return to flight despire all of this please bear with me.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Alan Crouse ... these are reasonable questions. Your refusal to answer them is an answer ... loud and clear.

This is what's wrong with USHPA ... lots of good questions and no good answers.
brianscharp

Post by brianscharp »

You're probably wasting your time Bob. You're "not an appropriate person to bring anything to the USHPA."

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... 576#392576
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

brianscharp wrote:You're "not an appropriate person to bring anything to the USHPA."

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... 576#392576
Yes. I've seen that. :)

On the day I was elected as Region 3 Director (with more votes than any other Director in the country in that election), I was already not "an appropriate person" to bring anything to U$HPA.
brianscharp wrote:You're probably wasting your time Bob.
There's a percentage of "USHPA loyalists" at Sylmar just as in every club. I would be wasting my time with them, and I sincerely hope they've learned to use the "ignore" button Chip has kindly provided - because I'm not posting for their benefit. I'm posting for the independent thinkers who want to read all opinions and make up their own minds. I believe you're in that group. Writing to people who seek the truth is never a waste of time.

Thanks Brian .. and Doug too. :)
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

"If the "secret agreement" to not pull Max Marien's tandem rating was based on an understanding that he would be "internally suspended", then subsequent reports of Max giving tandems might have triggered USHPA's broadcast letter."

New Information: this wiki-leaked Max Marien video where he demonstrates his ability to correct a tumble, may have influenced ACA/USHPA to pull his rating.

After-all it took him 374 iterations of the loop to correct the condition, totally unacceptable.

Long Version (18+ minutes)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAZenG98E38[/youtube]

Short Version(2 minutes)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EPJ3uOfT4E[/youtube]
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Air California Adventure Inc outsourcing instructor jobs:
http://www.myvisajobs.com/Visa-Sponsor/ ... /19785.htm

Air California Adventure Inc has filed 2 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 0 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2013 to 2015. Air California Adventure was ranked 48488 among all visa sponsors. Please note that 0 LCA for H1B Visa and 0 LC for green card have been denied or withdrawn during the same period.

Air California Adventure had filed 0 LCA and 1 LC from fiscal year 2001 to 2010

H1B Visa Salary Certified Certified-Withdrawn(?) Denied Withdrawn
2016 search Current System search Legacy System
2015 - 0 0 0 0
2014 $35,963 1 0 0 0
2013 $36,670 1 0 0 0
2012 - 0 0 0 0
Green Card Salary Certified Certified-Expired Denied Withdrawn
2015 - 0 0 0 0
2014 - 0 0 0 0
2013 - 0 0 0 0
2012 - 0 0 0 0

They want to fire their paraglider instructors and hire cheap foreign labor.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

wikileak youtube video confession of David Jebb focusing his "dark energy" against BobK which started this whole debacle in the first place. Urban legend blames BobK for starting everything when Torrey refused his request to fly with a camera on his first flight at Torrey and he never forgave them. But this all started way before then and it will be finished soon.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPc2ARYqzY4[/youtube]
As a very young boy I grew up around cops
My great uncle was killed in the line of duty by some bank robbers in Chicago...
Was instilled in me at a very young age that there is a lot of injustice out there and somebody's got to make it right.
I went on a one man rampage to get these guys, the more I became involved in this thing, the more obsessed I became, I was young I was strong and I liked to fight, and usually I had a rule, if you messed with me, if you tried to get physical with me, you are guaranteed to go to jail but first you'll go to the hospital, and just about every time they did.

I began to question everything and I began to realize that this is total madness what I'm, doing, this is totally insane. You deal with this dark force, you deal with this dark energy and you become it.

I lost myself.

I went to my doctor. I would wake up in the middle of the night with broken pieces of teeth in my mouth.

he said it sound like to the the stress of the job is killing you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41aEtE0iYs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiqubJh2V8I[/youtube]

There is no provision in the RFP to allow the concessionaire to "Urinate" on BobK's cooler.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlL8vkSSfnw[/youtube]
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

dhmartens wrote:wikileak youtube video confession of David Jebb focusing his "dark energy" against BobK which started this whole debacle in the first place.
David Jebb is a poster child for everything that's wrong in our sports ... and our police and our government.
Urban legend blames BobK for starting everything when Torrey refused his request to fly with a camera on his first flight at Torrey and he never forgave them. But this all started way before then and it will be finished soon.
That incident from 2004 opened my eyes to the problems at Torrey. But there is lots of evil in the world, and I ignored it for years. It wasn't until John Heiney came to me with the abuse of Dave Beardslee on his mind that I could no longer sit by and watch. There's something about seeing others abused that is more likely to bring me to action. We started the Torrey Hawks in the spring of 2007 and became a USHPA chapter in September 2007. We've been a USHPA chapter all that time until this spring when Director Ken Andrews watched USHPA refuse to renew us with no justification. Ken Andrews just watched and did nothing as far as I can tell.
Doug quoting David Jebb wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPc2ARYqzY4[/youtube]

I went on a one man rampage to get these guys, the more I became involved in this thing, the more obsessed I became, I was young I was strong and I liked to fight, and usually I had a rule, if you messed with me, if you tried to get physical with me, you are guaranteed to go to jail but first you'll go to the hospital, and just about every time they did.
This is an insight into what has infected Torrey Pines. There are a number of Sylmar pilots (Jonathan and Barton come to mind) who have remained willfully ignorant of the evil at that place because their own ox wasn't being gored. Mine wasn't either, and I stood up for a friend of a friend because it was the right thing to do. The world becomes a better place when we do that for each other. There have been many good pilots at Sylmar who've stood for what's right. That's why I can type these words on this forum. Thanks to all of you.

Also thanks for this "wikileaks" video Doug. I hadn't seen it before and I think I've got a plan for my next speech to the San Diego City Council!!
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

David Jebb said :
"I began to question everything and I began to realize that this is total madness what I'm, doing, this is totally insane. You deal with this dark force, you deal with this dark energy and you become it."

What is this "Dark Force" he has become.

Did it lead to the suicide of paraglider pilot Lyne Perry in 2011 due to bullying?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJQ6HE4JJA[/youtube]

Did the dark force lead to a "Human Sacrifice" of paraglider pilot Pam Hargett
in 2012 at a political fundraiser on the property of businessman Bill Lerach. He was hosting a fundraiser for Rep. Bob Filner, a candidate for San Diego mayor and for Scott Peters, who is running for Congress.
http://www.10news.com/news/woman-who-di ... identified
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

dhmartens wrote:What is this "Dark Force" he has become.

Did it lead to the suicide of paraglider pilot Lyne Perry in 2011 due to bullying?
We will never know for sure, but I firmly believe the answer is yes.

David Jebb used his background in understanding gang behavior to create a gang-like "inner circle" at Torrey. They are vicious with anyone who stands up to them. Lynn sent me a warm congratulations when I defeated David Jebb in region 3. She took her life about a year or so after the recall when I was living in Florida. I remember exactly where I was when I got the call.

To be fair, I suspect there were other painful events in Lynn's life, and I would not put all the blame on the Torrey crew. But when a person is already down, and they turn to a sport for joy ... and they find a pit of vipers ... it can be that much more devastating.

I won't comment on Pam's death other than to say that I looked at the wind history around the time and she died at a portion of the cliff which might have been experiencing mechanical turbulence. I do not know if she had gotten sufficient training to avoid those conditions.

Thanks for posting Doug. Come out to Dockweiler on the third Sunday of any month and enjoy the air with the Friends of Dockweiler Gliding Society!!
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Mayor Bob Filner and Congressman Scott Peters both won their elections after that fund raiser so where are they now? Scott Peters is doing well possibly because he is distant in Washington DC, away from the localized effect of the "Dark Force". Bob Filner is not so lucky as he fell victim to some type of spell that made him uncontrollable grab womens buttocks and he has been expelled from Office of Mayor and brought up on sexual harasement suits that cost the city of San Diego millions of dollars.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/03/30/jury ... ob-filner/

If it is evil and it is localized then an an exorcism is called for. Language in the RFP should perform such an exorcism on ACA by making them ineligible based on their behavior.

Being today is All Saints Day:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOFWz2W5Ux4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaivvix9s8[/youtube]
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

No answers from Alan Crouse yet?

Didn't he run as the "no more surprises director"? I have to say I'm surprised he won't answer a few easy questions after trying to derail this topic. Alan's refusal to provide clear answers is an example of the dysfunctionality that's led to USHPA's uninsurability.

Alan Crouse:

2. What was the exact date that Max Marien's tandem rating was revoked or suspended (whether by USHPA or "internally")? 

3. What was the exact date that Torrey applied for their alternate exemption? 

4. What is the total income that USHPA has gotten through Torrey Pines over the last 10 years? Please include tandem fees, ongoing memberships from students trained at Torrey, instructor fees, and all other income that USHPA gets either directly or indirectly through the Torrey concession (including magazine advertisements). 

5. What was the exact date that USHPA (including USHPA's lawyer) first became aware of the July 2011 tandem video showing Brad Geary and Max Marien bumping their paragliders into each other while both were carrying child passengers? 
AlC

Why No One Answers Bob

Post by AlC »

Bob:

Interesting post.

You started with a premise that was proven wrong. Then attempted to divert attention with this new set of questions. Please stay on topic and correct your original post before moving on.

Thank you,

Alan
Bob Kuczewski

Re: USHPA pulls Torrey Exemption: The story behind the headlines

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

From my very first post:
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
  1. USHPA has known about ACA's violations at Torrey for at least 10 years. Yet they backed ACA for all those years.
  2. Region 3 Director Kuczewski reported violations to USHPA's Safety and Training and USHPA's EC as far back as 2010.
  3. USHPA didn't care and did nothing as long as Air California was paying them. For all those years USHPA backed ACA.
  4. But USHPA could not ignore the 2011 tandem violations by Brad Geary and Max Marien which went public (on video) in 2015.
  5. USHPA had no choice but remove the tandem ratings of Geary and Marien or the FAA might have revoked USHPA's exemption.
  6. Even then, USHPA still didn't pull the plug on Robin Marien or ACA, and it was business as usual. More money for U$HPA.
  7. But ACA went out and found another exemption so Max Marien (Robin's son) could continue to give tandem joy rides.
  8. That's when ACA stopped sending their joy ride money to USHPA. That's when U$HPA got mad.
  9. It wasn't until ACA stopped sending money to USHPA that USHPA fired their parting shot in the letter we all saw.
All true .... and you know it Alan.

But let's take them one at a time starting with the first: How long has USHPA known about the tandem violations at Torrey? How long have YOU known about it Alan?
AlC

Pick & Choose..

Post by AlC »

Bob:

Here was your (proven incorrect) conclusion from the same post:

"So USHPA didn't step in to fix a problem. They stepped in to retaliate against Air California Adventure because USHPA wasn't getting a cut of their joy ride money any more. That's what USHPA does. They don't fix problems, but they retaliate against anyone who they don't like at the moment. Last year it was me. This year it's Air California Adventure"

Clearly incorrect.

Alan
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Pick & Choose..

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Alan,

I don't know what you do for a living, but I hope it doesn't require much logical reasoning.

My conclusion below is based on USHPA knowing about the FAA tandem violations at Torrey for at least a decade and not doing anything in all that time. You have not proven that false.

My conclusion is also based on USHPA ignoring the hazardous training practices reported by a USHPA Director in 2010. You have not proven that false either.

My conclusion is also based on the timing between Max Marien's tandem rating being pulled (or placed on "voluntary suspension") and the Torrey concessionaire obtaining a non-USHPA tandem exemption. You have not proved that false either.

My conclusion is also based on the timing of USHPA's nasty broadcast message and the Torrey concessionaire finding another tandem exemption so Max Marien (Robin Marien's son) could continue flying tandems for hire. You haven't proved that false either.

My conclusion is also based on the stream of income that USHPA gets either directly or indirectly through the Torrey concessionaire. You haven't proved that wrong either and you've refused to provide any accounting of the amount of money that USHPA gets through Torrey.

In short, you haven't proven anything. To make matters worse you won't even answer the simple questions that would be helpful in proving or disproving anything. Your dodging of those simple questions shows that you are not communicating in good faith. That's yet another surprise from the "no surprises" candidate.

I have asked a few very reasonable questions that are highly relevent to the topic. So far you've given no answers. There's a reason you haven't answered and anyone with a functioning brain can see right through your desperate diversions.

So will you answer those questions or not? I predict you'll contine to dodge them. See if you can prove that wrong.
AlC wrote:Bob:

Here was your (proven incorrect) conclusion from the same post:

"So USHPA didn't step in to fix a problem. They stepped in to retaliate against Air California Adventure because USHPA wasn't getting a cut of their joy ride money any more. That's what USHPA does. They don't fix problems, but they retaliate against anyone who they don't like at the moment. Last year it was me. This year it's Air California Adventure"

Clearly incorrect.

Alan