Garlock to Lone Pine - A New PB

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

Garlock to Lone Pine - A New PB

Post by JD »

Sunday was a pretty good day at Garlock. Seven Hang Gliders launched into the SE breeze and all climbed out to 11K or so above Black Mtn then headed for Boomer Ridge. Landings were anywhere from the 14/395 junction to 130 miles along the Inyos. I did 82.5 miles for a new personal best and landed at Lone Pine airport: http://www.paraglidingforum.com/leonardo/flight/245524 I was with Diablo, Southside and Fast Eddy, who were all coaxing me on over the radio which helped me hang in there as I scratched my way from one spine to the next, mostly below ridge level. I also got about 200 soft focused wing photos.

Cheers, Jonathan

JD

Garlock to Haiwee Creek - Slideshow Video

Post by JD »

Here's 2/3 of yesterday's flight from Garlock to Lone Pine
http://vimeo.com/6042088

I got about 240 wing mounted photos during the flight, of which 80 or so were worth converting to a slide-show video.

Enjoy! Jonathan
max

Post by max »

Jonathan nice photos and I like the song selection,congratulation on your personal best record,keep up the good work. By the way how was the landing?
Smile now Cry later
MAX
JD

Post by JD »

max wrote:Jonathan nice photos and I like the song selection,congratulation on your personal best record,keep up the good work. By the way how was the landing?
Thanks Max. The landing was going great until I transitioned my hands too early at speed with zero VG. The Rotor harness also makes it difficult for executing good landings. Chalk it up also to fatigue from a number of factors. Today's landing at Andy Jackson OTOH was flawless. But I was wearing my cocoon harness which makes landings cake by comparison.
Rome Dodson

GARLOCK

Post by Rome Dodson »

ABOUT 20 TO 25 YEARS AGO I FLEW FROM GARLOCK TO SIERRA SIDE AND NORTH ,I LANDED AT LITTLE LAKE IN STORMY WEATHER.IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A CC RECORD AT THE TIME?? I DIDN'T CHECK THE DISTANCE/ ROME
JD

Re: GARLOCK

Post by JD »

DeadEye wrote:ABOUT 20 TO 25 YEARS AGO I FLEW FROM GARLOCK TO SIERRA SIDE AND NORTH ,I LANDED AT LITTLE LAKE IN STORMY WEATHER.IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A CC RECORD AT THE TIME?? I DIDN'T CHECK THE DISTANCE/ ROME
That's a heck of a flight, Rome! It's 33 miles as the crow flies.