Great flying today at A J A P

A place to stretch the truth a little...
OSCAR

Great flying today at A J A P

Post by OSCAR »

The day started with Max Picking me up at the house we went to breakfast then to AJAP where we met Tom Casper , Don Banas , Richard Shaw & Kathy.everyone but me went up to the 750 and launched ,Max got up around 5,700 and headed for Crestline followed by Tom & Don. mean while back at the LZ I got my AJAP sign off from Rob M , but no way up because the shuttle is full .So this nice family offers to take me up to marshall so I load all my gear up & go .I launch catch a thermal up to 6,377 using max's vario and I head for Crestline arriving at 6,000 flew to the Billboard arriving at 5,700 caught a thermal up to 6,377 my maximum altitude for the day,then headed back to cloud into a crosswind arriving at 4,750 .total flight time 2hours -16,321 feet of lift for the flight .Richard & Kathy got their 200 flight today making him a H4 & her a D4 for (Driver 4) 8) you Know He couldn't have done it without her.Tom & me flew over the trees of Crestline for the first time 8) .landings were all good except for me I landed short for a change (in front of the orange cone )no wilderness hikes for me today.Saw Todd , Megan , Tony at the LZ .had a few beers then Tom, Max & myself went to dinner we found this Chinese restaurant in between Little Ceasars & Papa Johns in the shopping center close to AJ .The food was killer I highly recommend it. 8)a great day :!:
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

congrats on your sign off, flight, and being short! you'll nail it next time!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
JD

Post by JD »

jcflies wrote:congrats on your sign off, flight, and being short! you'll nail it next time!
Hey Janyce - Did you get any on your Sport 2?
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

congrats on your sign off ,flight,and being short!you'll nail it next time!

tHANKS jANyCE i SHOUDN T TYPE whEn I've Been DriNKiNg JUst KIdding .Actually the landing was fine on the grass right in front of the cone.my last two landings were way high.don't forget to rate the video I have a new one up with ('8)') special effects on U Tubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3n6wI3VeVk