Recent Flight Videos

A place to stretch the truth a little...
OSCAR

Recent Flight Videos

Post by OSCAR »

abinder

Re: Recent Flight Videos

Post by abinder »

Nice video.

(Ummmmm......you may want to check your hand positions on the downtubes when launching and just before landing; they appear to be in front of the downtubes. I believe that Joe taught us to always have our hands behind the downtubes. Just a suggestion.)

Allen
JD

Post by JD »

Hey Oscar, Cool videos with beautiful scenery. Please note Allen's remark....
abinder wrote:.......(Ummmmm......you may want to check your hand positions on the downtubes...........
This isn't Oscar's first video showing hand position that raises questions.

Oscar, why were your hands locked into the grapevine position so long here?
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

NMERider wrote:Hey Oscar, Cool videos with beautiful scenery. Please note Allen's remark....
abinder wrote:.......(Ummmmm......you may want to check your hand positions on the downtubes...........
This isn't Oscar's first video showing hand position that raises questions.

Oscar, why were your hands locked into the grapevine position so long here?

Because, I was in a powerful updraft and I felt it wasn't the time to switch to coke bottle and get the glider ripped out of my hands or get blown back or turned into the mountain, don't forget I went straight up fast ,I wasn't far enough away from the mountain to switch grips in my opinion .Did the Antenna come in yet, if so have you tried it out:?: how does it work :?:
Steve90266

Big Sur videos

Post by Steve90266 »

Nice videos, Oscar. I like that crazy launch. Wish that coulda been me on Sunday.
Steve Murillo
OSCAR

Re: Big Sur videos

Post by OSCAR »

Steve90266 wrote:Nice videos, Oscar. I like that crazy launch. Wish that coulda been me on Sunday.

Me to buddy ,I haven't flown with you at Kagel ,I was And am looking forward to it .Is your glider back together yet :?:.
DigitalBishop

Post by DigitalBishop »

I noticed that in the first video during your landing you had your hands in the grapevine position again. Then you switched just as you were about to flare and set down. I remember Joe telling me that switching body or hand positions in the middle of a landing was one of the greater causes of accidents since you may not be able to react to sudden changes. I'm sure one of the more experienced pilots will correct me if I'm wrong.

Was it tough to get down that day?

Great videos. Hopefully soon I'll be fit enough to get back to Hang Gliding.
Jamie Krasnoo
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

DigitalBishop wrote:I noticed that in the first video during your landing you had your hands in the grapevine position again. Then you switched just as you were about to flare and set down. I remember Joe telling me that switching body or hand positions in the middle of a landing was one of the greater causes of accidents since you may not be able to react to sudden changes. I'm sure one of the more experienced pilots will correct me if I'm wrong.

Was it tough to get down that day?

Great videos. Hopefully soon I'll be fit enough to get back to Hang Gliding.
I heard that also Your right.That day was very windy and I felt the need for more speed to punch through the turbulence I started my down wind leg higher than usual and I dove it in and changed up at trim one hand at a time when there is no bar pressure .I hope to see you in the air soon . :)