Thanksgiving 09 Toplandings

A place to stretch the truth a little...
OSCAR

Thanksgiving 09 Toplandings

Post by OSCAR »

The winds were light from the NE @ 2 to 8mph.Adam hiked over and placed Orange streamers on His New LZ before the landing attempts were made, We launched the main ridge around 13:00 sankout to the front ridge "Adams LZ"Adam toplanded and I followed about 10min later.then we started doing 2 min flights and toplanding, Adam got 5 & I got 3 toplandings .We landed Uphill towards the East .It was alot of fun. 8) Afterward I headed to the Kagel LZ For some GREAT Turkey,Ham & fix-ins. Thanks to Chip & "Chef Dana" for a great Supper and to every one that contributed. :D Heres the Video [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BxeCCVcO1U[/youtube]
Last edited by OSCAR on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD

Post by JD »

Nice work Oscar! And great video too! Looks like ideal conditions. Don't try that at Marshall Peak until you are an expert. As everyone will soon know, I got my nose mashed in pretty good today at Marhsall along with a broken left DT when I pancaked in due to coming in to slow and hitting the gradient. That portion of Ave. S looks just super for uphill landing practice. Marhsall is a whole other ball of whacks. {pun intended}
Cheers, Jonathan
adamwn2000

Post by adamwn2000 »

Oscar why did you stop the video before you landed are covering up something? Its like you may have left something out :twisted: OK this is my side of the flight on turkey day. Sorry my camera stopped recording before I landed :wink:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPrFzJzNFpI[/youtube]
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Benjamin Franklin
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks Jonathan ,I'm sorry to hear about your injuries,are you going to post the video :twisted: :D . and thanks for the reminder that toplanding is dangerous and even the experts can get hurt . Which glider were you flying ------it wasn't the Sport 2 was it :?: Nice Video Adam .that's an old editing technique I learned from my buddy Jonathan It works well ,at least until the second video surfaces :roll: