SHGA STIFFED AGAIN!!!!

A place to stretch the truth a little...
Rome Dodson

SHGA STIFFED AGAIN!!!!

Post by Rome Dodson »

SUNDAY 11-16 WE HAD A VISITING PARA PILOT. WHEN I ASKED WHERE HE FLEW MOSTLY, HE SAID CRESTLINE, ELSINOR AND HERE, I ASKED IF HE WAS A MEMBER,HE SAID NO, SO I TOLD HIM HE OWED $5. HE SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE CASH, BUT HE WAS THINKING OF JOINING, AND HOW MUCH A YEAR WAS. I GAVE HIM A PAYMENT ENVELOPE, AND HE PROMISED TO SEND IT IN, I'LL BET 100$ HE WON'T!! I CAN'T BELIVE I FELL FOR THAT LINE! I'V BEEN KICKING MYSELF EVER SINCE!! ANY PILOT WHO PULLS THAT LINE ( HOW MUCH A YEAR ,AND I'LL SEND IT IN ) IS A B.S.,CON MAN!!!! IT TAKES 1 TO KNOW ONE! NEXT TIME WE SHOULD TAKE SOME EQUIPMENT, AND TELL HIM WE WILL RELEASE IT WHEN WE GET PAID!! AND I EXPECT THE CLUB TO BACK ME UP!!!!!!(remember i been sick) DOES ANYONE KNOW HIS NAME OR THE DISCRIPTION OF HIS KITE? HE WAS DRIVING A GREY VAN AND FLEW A COLORFUF KITE. I WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD AROUND, NOBODY MAKES A FOOL OF ME, AND LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! ROME (DEADEYE) DODSON
max

Post by max »

Rome are you serious taking the equipment of a visiting pilot away, you know what kind of bad name Sylmar club would get.I definitely won't support that, :evil: I don't know how much the club its losing money wise from a visiting pilot but it cannot be more than those pilots don't pay their annual membership fee. I propose let them fly for free and show some hospitality, I rather have visiting pilots saying good things about the club,and if the club really needs the revenue I'm willing to pay more for the membership fee to offset the cost.I would take it even one step further raise the membership by $10 or whatever the club agrees on and have some agreement with the surrounding flying clubs so they can fly here for free and we can fly for free at their site, that way the offset costs would pay for itself.I would like to hear some more input from other members on this subject. So Rome for now I will pay the five dollars for that visiting pilot even though I don't know him, what the hell I will donate 100 $ dollars to the club so that visiting pilots can fly for free and yes Rome you can keep counting those visiting pilots.
Smile now Cry later
MAX
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Whats up with our senior members .They git-in uppity all of a sudden. :P :lol: Thats 2 or 3 this week. :)
max

Post by max »

What no other opinions or suggestions :?:
Smile now Cry later
MAX
noack

Post by noack »

Whenever I count on people to do the right thing I am OFTEN disappointed. Thats when people who do, do the right thing step in to take care of business. I agree with Max. Keep the LZ positive. I am also willing throw in some extra $$$$$$. I have ALOT of respect for the pilots at Kagel mountain. It is a place that I am very grateful to be a part of.

Matt
Steve90266

Visiting Pilot

Post by Steve90266 »

Max, I'm with you on this. How many visiting pilots do we really get per year? Lost revenue is not the issue here, it's integrity. I see Rome's point too. It pisses you off. Shine it on, Rome. That guy's not worth your energy anyway.
Steve Murillo
max

Post by max »

Last weekend I donated 105 $ to the club so visiting pilots can fly for free, and Rome promised not to arrest them, he just quietly going to count them, and the only thing I'm asking for being nice to those visiting pilots show some hospitality. Thank you :P
Smile now Cry later
MAX
WingNutz

Post by WingNutz »

Rome and all -

You can't just take people's personal property. That's called "wrongful deprivation of property," and you could get sued for it. If you were to take something by force from someone, that's assault, probably battery (an unprivileged touching of another person), and possibly robbery (taking property from someone by force or threat of force.)

By the way, you shouldn't stand still for any property owner who says that he's "seizing" your glider because you landed on his property. He can't seize your glider or your harness any more than he could seize your wallet. Tell the landowner that you landed on his property only because there was no other safe place to land, and that you'll pack up your equipment and get it off his property as soon as you can. If he/she threatens the use of force, call 911 and get the cops there.

Oscar - You are geezer-profiling. We seniors aren't all so .... Crap, I forgot what you said about seniors.
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

MAY BE YA JUST COUDN'T SEE IT ,IM SORRY I'LL MAKE IT BIGGER ,I ASKED WHAT WAS UP WITH OUR SENIOR MEMBERS GIT-IN UPPITY ALL OF A SUDDEN :?: (ROME ,BARTON,KING MAX) . :D :lol: :P