A Narrated 38-Mile Hang Gliding Flight - 2/16/2010 - Video

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

A Narrated 38-Mile Hang Gliding Flight - 2/16/2010 - Video

Post by JD »

Just uploaded. Give it another hour or so for full 720p YouTube resolution. Downloadable full 1280x960 copy is being uploaded to Vimeo right now.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYV0fMxNAo[/youtube]
From Kagel Mtn in Sylmar, CA, along the San Gabriel Mountains, past Big Tujunga Wash, over Mt Lukens, Mt Lowe, Mt Wilson, Mt Harvard, Monvoria Peak, then over the San Gabriel River Dam and Glendora Mtn, then out over San Dimas, gliding West to LaVerne and setting down on the 17th fairway of Marshall Canyon Golf Course. 2hrs, 11min on my 2009 Wills Wing T2C 144, equipped with a GoPro HD Hero camera.

Track logs available here: http://www.paraglidingforum.com/leonardo/flight/300928

More description details here: http://www.shga.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1885
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Nice job, Rod Serling couldn't have narrated better.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I like this video This is a great teaching tool for aspiring XC pilots .When you get a chance do another video West of Kagel pointing out Scooters ,All the Stupids,and all the other landmarks were suppose to know.Very cool, well done Jonathan.Image
OP

Post by OP »

The Rod Serling narration is actually an improvement. But I think a theatrical dramatic reading would be best.

Also, Even though a clean frame capture ended the live video, I get the feeling with a tailwind, a T2 and other unmentioned factors... an amazing "wack" may have been recorded on unreleased video. But with out indisputable video evidence and that last clean up right frame... we can only wonder.
JD

Post by JD »

OP wrote:The Rod Serling narration is actually an improvement. But I think a theatrical dramatic reading would be best.

........I get the feeling with a tailwind, a T2 and other unmentioned factors........we can only wonder.
Wonder no more!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Cv5r6otNM[/youtube]

I'm going to do the narration on Wednesday's flight video in Shakespearean Iambic Pentameter.
max

Post by max »

Jonathan congratulation to flight and your video nice, but your commentary voice put me almost to asleep you got to work on that, did you just get out of the bed when you did that,your voice sounded so scratchy and slow. So please next time let your wife do the talking she has a lot more sexier voice and it would make the video lot more exciting,at least for the guys that are watching :wink:
Smile now Cry later
MAX
JD

Post by JD »

max wrote:Jonathan congratulation to flight and your video nice, but your commentary voice put me almost to asleep.............
Next time I'll stand up and move around when I narrate. It will have a whole different sound. I still have to finish editing Wednesday's flight and I'll be more animated when I do the narration. I have had very little practice and it takes 4 hours the render the video so I can play it back. It's an extremely time consuming process.
max

Post by max »

I still think you wife should do the commentary :D
Smile now Cry later
MAX
JD

Post by JD »

max wrote:I still think you wife should do the commentary :D
I already get enough commentary from my wife! :P
max

Post by max »

That is good Jonathan you made me lol. :lol: :lol:
Smile now Cry later
MAX
OP

Post by OP »

Nice landing. The strong flare + "parachuting" looks like a good move with the tail wind.

As it was conspicuously missing from the first video I had imagined the worse case.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

ג 'ונתן מאוד מאוד נחמד אתה יכול לפצח את הצופן, ידעתי שאתה יכול. :lol:
JD

Post by JD »

OSCAR wrote:ג 'ונתן מאוד מאוד נחמד אתה יכול לפצח את הצופן, ידעתי שאתה יכול. :lol:
תודה אוסקר. אתה סדק אותי!
JD

Post by JD »

OP wrote:Nice landing. The strong flare + "parachuting" looks like a good move with the tail wind.

As it was conspicuously missing from the first video I had imagined the worse case.
I was exhausted and my legs actually buckled under me. Normally I'd have enough spring in my legs to take the equivalent of jumping off of a picnic table with my T2C on my back. But not on Tuesday. Wait till you see Wednesday's landing on San Dimas Canyon Golf course. I'm still working on the edit.