A Santa Barbara Sunday

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

A Santa Barbara Sunday

Post by JD »

Thanks to Dizzy (PG pilot) for the email Saturday evening asking about Santa Barbara on Sunday. The forecast models were pretty good. We picked up Alex W's Falcon on the way and rendezvoused at Parma. There were only a handful of local pilots including maybe 6 HGs at the Eliminator. I got 2:15 video of my 2:23 flight so flying over the ocean and the wharf are now just a memory. I was hoping to fly to Ojai and back but the day never really turned on until late and it was still pretty turbulent so I headed to the beach after all the locals bailed too.

A quick slide-show from the HD video frame stills
Flight track

Unedited sample footage of 2 minutes working Cathedral Peak starting with an unexpectedly low pass. Note the comments under my breath. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyR50snpv4[/youtube]
Be sure to watch in 720p and full screen if you have the bandwidth, etc. I'll post the final video when it's ready.

addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hey Jonathan,

Wow it looked like nice weather to be in SB. Where in SB is Cathedral Peak? I am curious if there is any climbing on it. On that note, I will be in SB climbing on 03/28 setting up ropes for some beginners. If anyone has plans for a weekend up there flying people are more then welcome to stop by and climb until the weather is good at launch. I will be at Gibralter rock and I can see the HG launch just up the road from Gibralter. I may go up to launch and hang out a bit as well.

If it works out and I dont have to work on the 27th, I hope to take a lesson and fly at Kagel.

Take care,

Marc
JD

Post by JD »

addicted2climbing wrote:.........Where in SB is Cathedral Peak? ..........
34° 28.974'N, 119° 42.879'W

Marc,
that's great news about your forthcoming lesson. Alex W is a regular at SB. You should hook up. He seems to really know the area. I'll PM you w/ contact info.
Cheers, Jonathan
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

8) :) I should have gone with you guys .