The view from my keel at Marshall & Crestline on Saturday

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

The view from my keel at Marshall & Crestline on Saturday

Post by JD »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvoXiuoYwS4[/youtube]

I hope Don, Eric, Richard and Kat all had fun. I know Oscar, Dizzy & Peter W. did. I ran Oscar at Pacos Tacos on the way out and Peter graciously waited to give me body ride but Dizzy top-landed and drove my car down for me.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

8) That paraglider got out of the way quick,nice scratching, video and song selection NME. 8),
JD

Post by JD »

OSCAR wrote:8) That paraglider got out of the way quick,nice scratching, video and song selection NME. 8),
Thanks for the landing video where the PGs got deflated quick too..........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQ_mKuaR5I[/youtube]
abinder

Post by abinder »

did you mess up your left wing tip on that landing?

Allen
JD

Post by JD »

abinder wrote:did you mess up your left wing tip on that landing?..........
That has no effect other than possibly leaving some grass stains on the sail. The tips are very flexible and the pressure is much lighter than it appears. .
abinder

Post by abinder »

NMERider wrote:
abinder wrote:did you mess up your left wing tip on that landing?..........
That has no effect other than possibly leaving some grass stains on the sail. The tips are very flexible and the pressure is much lighter than it appears. .
Glad to hear it's okay. The way it looked in the video, it did appear to hit rather hard.

Allen
JD

Post by JD »

abinder wrote:..............The way it looked in the video, it did appear to hit rather hard.........
You're right about that. The 1/4 speed zoomed in video makes it look pretty harsh but that actually a rather typical wing tip drag for a curved tip topless glider. The trick is not to jam the tips sideways into the ground. The drag doesn't hurt anything but the jam will snap it. I've never damaged a tip either. Funny about that.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I just noticed your left foot touch the ground @ 0:32,and you push off just like riding a skateboard. 8)
JD

Post by JD »

OSCAR wrote:I just noticed your left foot touch the ground @ 0:32,and you push off just like riding a skateboard. 8)
It's a SKYboard. :lol: :lol: I used to skate a lot. How do you think I learned to pile in?
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

LOL :lol: :)