Good to be back..

A place to stretch the truth a little...
addicted2climbing

Good to be back..

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hey All,

Due to a crazy work schedule I have not been able to fly for 5 months but Sunday I finaly had a chance to fly again. After such a long break I was hoping for some calm weather for my first flight back (lesson Solo #6), but what I got was the most turbulent conditions I have flown yet. Since Joe was in a hurry to get us off the mountain he stayed on top and gave instruction from above which meant I was allowed to work a few thermals and get familiar with flying again. All a plus but the downside was I was on my own for the landing in the drasticly reduced H2 LZ. As I approached the corner house all I could think of was "wow that LZ is small now and the water is so close to the numbers.." Anyhow, so on Downwind, I had that in my mind and turned base a bit early to choose to land a bit long rather then have any chance to land in the water. Horsing the Falcon 225 down in bumpy lifty conditions did not help any either. Anyhow all went well and I landed on my feet a bit off to the right to avoid the new grass. Well more than a bit off to the right but all ended up OK. Then Joe arrives in the LZ and offers up if I want to go again. The second flight was even nicer in boyant conditions and much less turbulence. He let me fly as if it were just a radio supervised flight and I was left to my own decisions and on that flight I think everythign came together and now I seem to be able to hold a circle and bank angle much better now..

No more breaks for me this year and hopefully I will be good to go for the trip in September to Big Sur.. This weekend was just what I needed..So glad a backed out of my climbing trip...

Marc