Get Your 3D Glasses - This Flight Really Pops!

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

Get Your 3D Glasses - This Flight Really Pops!

Post by JD »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYfz3ybagE[/youtube] Shot 8/9/2010.

Get your 3D glasses and enjoy a full 3D stereoscopic video of hang gliding above Kagel and Towers Ridge. I suggest using red/cyan glasses by Pro-Ana or Anachrome. Use the little 3D drop-down menu to select Red / Cyan Glasses: Full Color or try Optimized (Dubois). I also recommend the Pop-Out feature to adjust the frame size to avoid strobing. It's very processor intensive and may slow your computer.

I'm using these glasses and they work very well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T0D81C/
Old-fashioned cardboard glasses with the Red / Green gel filters should work well too. Use the 3D drop-down menu to select the appropriate color combination to match your glasses.

I actually shot a full 2:04 hrs of stereo video on this flight yesterday. It's extremely tedious to synchronize the camera shutters, adjust the convergence, position the two video streams during editing, etc., etc. Let's just say this is not point-and-shoot videography. Not yet anyway. I do not own the software to create an equally good quality standalone video that can be downloaded such as on Vimeo, etc.

I will be viewing the same video streams on a modern state-of-the art shutter video system soon which will be interesting to contrast with the anaglyph system used here.

Cheers, Jonathan

greblo

Post by greblo »

None of my 3D glasses seemed to work so I went back the the cross-eyed method and had no trouble with seeing a 3D image.

Pretty cool Jonathan.

joe
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
JD

Post by JD »

greblo wrote:None of my 3D glasses seemed to work..........
Bummer! YouTube 3D anaglyph doesn't seem to work with all web browsers. I hate to make you cross your eyes like that. I get a headache just thinking about it. I watched it on a 3D TV today w/ shutter glasses and it was pretty darned cool. Definitely worth building a better wing mount that doesn't shake, etc. I hope you liked the landing. :P
JD

Post by JD »

greblo wrote:None of my 3D glasses seemed to work so I went back the the cross-eyed method and had no trouble with seeing a 3D image............
The embedded video will not render an anaglyph. "Doh!" You have to click on the link to get the 3D pull-down menu for the color choices.