Kagel to Brian Ranch Airport, 37 miles

A place to stretch the truth a little...
Dizzy

Kagel to Brian Ranch Airport, 37 miles

Post by Dizzy »

Epic weather and great flights everyone. Here is my story:
http://skydizzy.blogspot.com/2012/09/ka ... miles.html

View from over Mount Gleason:
skydizzy.blogspot.com
JD

Post by JD »

Excellent flying and blog write-up Alex! Thanks for the post. Jonathan
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Agreed,

Cutting the tether and going over the back via Gleason is very stressful. But at some point you have to commit. I knew it would be good there also. I did get a late start as the tandem we were setting up didn't work for the day.

Nice job. We shared one thermal for the day just past Lances and then I skirted to Big T where Linden and I shared a big fatty to 10.3k. He was in a falcon. Took a while to figure out who he was.

I heard he went to Wilson and then made it back to Big T wash WOW!

Even though we went over the back, I was kinda missing the vibe of the LZ since I knew so many pilots were having the best flying of the year.

We had a nice reception at Crystal Air. Everyone came out to see the crazies land. Their first question, "Where did you come from?" When I said Kagel, they just stared blankly. I then said Sylmar, I don't think they knew where that was either.

Congrats to everyone that had personal bests. 8)
gregangsten

OTB

Post by gregangsten »

Hey Alex,
I saw your paraglider below me somewhere out near Gleason but then I lost track of you. You should have spoken up on the radio, we could have squeezed you in the car.
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

I actually reported my location when I was over Geason, probably not very clear, since even Jonathan can't understand me.
When I made it close to Crystal airport around 5:40 I also try to call you on radio, but no reply and I did not see any HG in the airport.
skydizzy.blogspot.com