return to flying

A place to stretch the truth a little...
jdevorak

return to flying

Post by jdevorak »

Not to many people in the lz Saturday. Chippy was there early saying it was going to be a 7,000 ft day. I was planing on a late flight so drove for Emily early on. Took the last truck with Fred and obligated to help one of Andy’s solos off the hill. I launched next to last in my single surface. No lift but a good flight because I landed last. Landed on my feet but my glider wacked. Some old problem. I was higher than it seemed and slower than it seemed. Ron reported getting over 7 grand and going to the back range. Chippy got stuck low at BigT but had a great landing there. Ron ended up there too.

Sunday there was no scheduled late truck so I got there it time for the early one. Yesterday Chippy predicted the same altitudes for today. The early truck was canceled and I went up with Fred on the nooner. Many pilots were pouring into the lz as we left. By the time I got to launch I couldn’t see te first five pilots off. It was because they all went up. It was starting to get gusty but my launch went well like the day before. Because I couldn’t see the pilots above me I went straight to Trash. I got there below the out front knob but found a climb right away. It took me to 4700 and I was getting pushed around. I pointed my single surface to West Towers along the out front line. I went all the way not even truning in lift. I popped up to 5150 over the fifteen hundred. I was trying to keep it under 5,000 with a constant eye out for the migs. I took a few turns there and headed back to Trash without any more turns. I climbed at Trash and then did an out and return to Lance’s. I saw Vrez heading east, head low and moving fast. I went even more out front and worked hard to get down. The thermals were strong but they had sharp edges to them. Flying the approach pattern I kept telling myself get low to the ground and run! Get low to the ground and run! Get low to the ground and run! I thought my hand change was early but I didn’t pop up. I touched one foot and moved my hands up. I started running and pushing up as I did. Andy Beem said it was flawless. Later we got reports of Vrez at 10,000 and going for an out and return to Wilson.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
Vrezh

Sunday, September 30

Post by Vrezh »

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Nice flight, Vrezh.
Flyyyyy
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Thanks Glenn,

I don't mean to hijack J's story, so let's just say it was a good flying day.

Jay, congratulations on your return, glad you are making good progress.

Fly safe,

Vrezh.
JD

Post by JD »

Welcome back Jay & you too Vrezh!
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

No problem Vrezh you was part of the story. You looked good going by. Might even increase my readership too.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!