Thanksgiving day report

A place to stretch the truth a little...
jdevorak

Thanksgiving day report

Post by jdevorak »

It was blowing up in the LZ and by noon the windsock on top was limp. Five pilots went up just in case. Approaching the top we could see it was blowing in. By the time we got our gliders off, it was blowing down again. Phill set the rules. Everybody had to set up. That way the first to loose heart and break down would be an appropriate sacrafice. His plan failed uterly when not a single soul relinquished ambition. We did notice, however, it was a good direction for the back side. Phill went around first to escape the the sarcastic comments. The wind strength was inconsistant and he just made it off. The strength pick up. I guess Phill was an appropriate sacrafice. Phill started to climb and Chris had an easy looking lauch. I went next without shedding sweat or tears. I was told later that the wind started getting puffy again. The other two waited about an hour for it to switch but it never did. They drove down. The three flyers got about 200 over on short flights. Dayna et all prepared a banquet in celebration of our heroism, or was it just Thanksgiving.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Thanks J,
I understand, launching from the back was a non issue.
We don't use that ramp much, mostly "off season", like now.
Years ago I did the same thing, just to fly down, instead of breaking down, only to realize, that the bushes grew taller than I'd like them to be. That was not a comfortable launch for me, to say the least.
Next time I took some tools with me and did some clearing... but that was years ago...
Would you say it's time to do it again?