Friday (1-4-13) Delivered (w/ help from friends)

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

Friday (1-4-13) Delivered (w/ help from friends)

Post by JD »

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-GaVn56ZsM[/youtube]

Ronaldo played wind-technician and showed everyone it was on. Will flying a bag, hooked an elevator at the first bowl to 5K. Chip picked a winning cycle to follow off the ramp. I chummed off Will's marker to join him at 5K then headed East for Lil-T. Ronaldo was down at Big-T and marked a nice climb back to 5K. I arrived low and a small gaggle of ravens harassing a red-tail showed where to pick up the climb. Ronaldo slipped away heading back and I stopped for gas at Little. I pulled in to Trash kind of low and BudRob dove in overhead as I soon found my way toward the LZ.

At the foothills by the houses there was a faint beep on my vario. For the next 15 minutes I scratched and clawed from below 2K back to 3K. Less than half-way up the Siren song of beer-suck was calling until BudRob played Odyseus and marked the climb away from Circe. Back in the game and heading for the 1500 I failed to catch Rob and Chadness by the 2200. After I scratched back to 3600' I looked down and this white dot was skimming along the deck about 10' above the Red Spot. It was Rob playing submarine and I followed to witness the pending dust cloud.

As I watch Rob clear Gavina w/ enough for 2 360s I threw myself at Locals down low and Chad came in to work it with me. Chad kept getting wanderlust and missed the breakaway bubble by 50'. I got back up and headed West but didn't get more than half-way to the Y past the 1500. By this time I was toast and my ankle was pretty sore. I made one pass over Guitar Viols and did not blow my first landing of the season.

Hadi was there in the LZ to tell everyone how it was blowing straight in 22mph at Torrey and he was flying tandem bag unable to get down as I sank out on my hang glider landing at the beach. Gotta love him!
chadness

Post by chadness »

nice write-up and nice low save from the foothills by the houses near the LZ. Go 2013!