Kagel on 10-13-2005 so this is what its all about!

A place to stretch the truth a little...
jsc1959

Kagel on 10-13-2005 so this is what its all about!

Post by jsc1959 »

I still cant wipe the smile off of my face! This has been an amazing week. I flew today with Chris... a fellow hang-2. Joe Greblo took us up after deciding to stay at Kagel instead of going to Ave S. After Chris launched I wasn't too far behind him. Awesome thermals right from the get go. I'm thinking cool.... (this is only my third time thermaling) this is great stuff.... little did I know what was in store for me and Chris... the vario just kept going up and up... the highest reading that I got was 900 fpm up.... well after getting to 6500 Joe said we had better keep our wits about us due to the Victor airway at 7000 ft.... well I finally topped out at 8505 ft and chris got to 8900 .... Way cool! (literally too :D )

The view from up there was just indescribable. You could see the channel islands.... Gorman.... too much stuff to list.

I remember flying with my Dad as a kid and this just brings back a lot of old memories and recharges the soul. All of this work to get to here was so definitely worth it.

I just want to say thanks to Joe Greblo, Paul Thornberry, and Lindon at Windsports and all the good folks in the LZ who always offer advice and encouragement along with the tall tales.... lol....

Im still smiling.... Ive got a feeling my face is going to be this way permanently!

Jeff C.