Wilson and Back Take 4

A place to stretch the truth a little...
dcutter

Wilson and Back Take 4

Post by dcutter »

Wilson and Back Take 4 10/14/05

This time I took along some friends. Getting to 8500ft at Kagel. Flying to Lukens. Whatever. This is getting kind of mundane. At Lukens the air feels way better than yesterday. The lift is strong. Hey, it feels like real thermals. And we're immediately getting over 6500ft in our first thermal at Lukens. We're seeing significant wind out of the southeast, later more easterly. but it's clear to me.... We've got to at least go to Wilson. The air in the San Gabriel valley looks pretty clear. There is a haze line out by I-15.No Going to Wilson is a no brainer at 8500ft.

I''m out front of Phil and Ron and lower. I hit the thermal at Brown and get back up to 8200ft. Phil wants to know where the JPL LZ is. Ron is not on radio. I continue on to Echo Mt which is out front of Wilson. Phil and Ron are able to stay higher and go directly to Mt. Harvard. In front and just east of Wilson. I get up and head over as they are climbing out. We decide not to push on to the east and head back to Lukens. We see someone down low in front of Brown. It's Kendall. It's a pretty uneventful glide back to Lukens and Kagel. It's pretty easy above 8 grand. Next time I'm going to go at 7 grand.