Big Sur 2010

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

KatShaw

Big Sur 2010

Post by KatShaw »

Sept 24th thru 26th
Cyndia and I have booked 5 spots for Sept 24 & 25 at Plaskett Creek.
We have spots 24, 26, 28, 30, 31.
Please contact Cyndia with your email and phone#
so that she can coordinate who is coming, carpools
and maybe breakfast.
More info to come in the future. We had a really fun time last year ( 50 people).
czumpft@singular.com
Kat Shaw
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hello,

I am only an H2 at the moment but plan to fly as much as possible this summer to hopefully get to H3. What are the requirements for this site. If I was unable to make H3 by September, woudl it be suitable for a high time H2. Just curious if I should try and make this.

Marc
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

This is a trip that includes many windsports students along with other interested pilots. If you are not a H3 or have a site sign off see Joe Greblo for info. love for you to come.
Kat Shaw
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hello Kat,

I have a quick question. I plan to make this trip but also was considering asking my parents to come along and wanted ot make sure you have room. They have a very small (22') motorhome and was curious if there owuld be room for them to park it in a spot. If not I can ask them to try and reserve one of their own. My dad is a homebrewer and he would most likely bring a fair amount of homebrew for the group for after flying festivities..

Marc
jwjanda

Post by jwjanda »

Marc,
Last year we had two campsites and somehow managed to cram 10 vehicles in. If this year even comes close to repeating that there will be no room for an RV. If they really want to come along I would suggest reserving another campsite.
-Jay
Steve90266

Big Sur

Post by Steve90266 »

To all you newer H-2s out there, this trip is a possibility for you, but of course under Joe Greblo's guidance and supervision. Talk to Joe and ask him if he thinks you are ready.

I highly recommend the trip to anyone. Flying Big Sur can be a breathtaking and memorable event. I've made the last two trips, and my wife and I plan to make this one too.

The camping and fellowship are great. Bring a tent, sleeping bag, firewood, a cooler, the usual stuff. I look forward to seeing all of you there!

Steve Murillo
Steve Murillo
Steve90266

Big Sur

Post by Steve90266 »

Ahhh! We just realized that my wife as a conference the week end of the Big Sur trip. Looks like it's just going to be me. Again. Looking forward to flying!
Steve Murillo
adamwn2000

Post by adamwn2000 »

After Big Sur anyone interested in going to Marina beach and or Funston?
I have the following week off so I would like to hit up other sites too.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Benjamin Franklin
ajnanyc

Post by ajnanyc »

I'm also interested in heading up to Marina/Funston. Anyone capable of transporting gliders also interested in going?
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

adam, that sounds awesome! if i don't have a FT job by then, i'd love to go! but i'm kind of with S7 on that one, would need glider/self transport! ANYONE have room for one more?
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Steve90266

Big Sur

Post by Steve90266 »

I'd be interested in flying Funston and Marina as well. Let's get quorum together. I'll have my truck, so we can fit three pilots.
Steve Murillo
Steve90266

Big Sur Wrap Up

Post by Steve90266 »

Hey Gang,

It was a most successful trip. Here's a link to a bunch of photos plus a video I made of my flight on Saturday.

A special thanks to Cyndia Zumpf and Kat Shaw for reserving the campgrounds and generally organizing all of us. Thanks again to BJ for hosting his now famous pancake breakfasts and PB&J lunches. I think everyone had a great time! Let's do it again next year!

Photos: http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view ... 28e38c6d8e

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER4f0ZNQqdo
Steve Murillo