Vintage Glider Fly In_Sat August 14_AJX

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

rebardan

Vintage Glider Fly In_Sat August 14_AJX

Post by rebardan »

Garage / Vintage gliders, get them out and in some fresh air Saturday Aug. 14. at Andy Jackson Airpark. This is an opportunity to drag those vintage gliders out and set them free again! Even if your garage glider isnt ancient, maybe its that former hot ship replaced by your latest supership, drag her out and get reacquainted.
That is, fly-em if they're still airworthy, otherwise bring them out anyway and set'em up for everyone to check out and see just how bold the old pilots really were.

This isnt a formal fly-in but rather a byob block party type potluck deal. Kinda like the typical Sylmar weekends. Bring a dish out and share with everyone. If you're no cook, no big deal, bring a bad of chips and a 12 pack. I'll bring out some of Cindy's awesome broccoli salad. I'll have gas grills going for anyone to use and will be flipping some cheeseburgers for those who dont bring chow. Hopefully whoever made that great chili I had last time I was out to Sylmar will bring some out!

I have a low hour 160 attack duck red and white, half battens included and a 187 Harrier in beautiful autumnal colors. Both still airworthy. I'm sure there are loads of other great old birds are lurking in garages around so cal waiting to get out of the bag and back in the sun.
the ranger of course will be out and available to carry assembled gliders up to the low launches.
should be great fun! Hope to see you there!

Dan DeWeese
[email protected]
seahawk190

Air Show instead

Post by seahawk190 »

I have some 33 year old, very-low-hour Seagulls, but I will miss it because of the Santa Paula Air Show. Lots of great aerobatics, only once every 5 years. http://www.santapaulaairport.com/airshow/index.html
seahawk190

Air Show instead

Post by seahawk190 »

I have some 33 year old, very-low-hour Seagulls, but I will miss it because of the Santa Paula Air Show. Lots of great aerobatics, only once every 5 years.
seahawk190

Air Show weekend

Post by seahawk190 »

I have some 33 year old, very-low-hour Seagulls, but I will miss it because of the Santa Paula Air Show. Lots of great aerobatics, only once every 5 years.
rebardan

Post by rebardan »

sorry about the calendar conflict seahawk.
Still on for the 14th. Dave dug out his quicksilver.
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/forum/20100801/3487

Mike at WW is going to cart out some of their way back beauties.
I think Mike Johnson has volunteered to fly his standard from the 400' launch. the glide has been calc'd and it appears it's around 3:1.

See you there!

Dan
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

how fun this is going to be! will miss seeing those low-hour seagulls, hope there will be others there! the first glider i ever bought new was a mini-cirrus. (albuquerque, electra flyer!) hope there's a great turnout!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."