Parachute Clinic - Interested in attending?

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Cyndia

Parachute Clinic - Interested in attending?

Post by Cyndia »

The Club would like to sponsor a parachute packing clinic. It has been three years since the last one (keep in mind your chutes should be repacked every six months).

My understanding is the clinic lasts most of a day and includes training in throwing your own chute. Feedback I have gotten from pilots who have attended other clinics is that it is amazing how difficult it is to get that velcro loose! In the past professional packers have assisted (as volunteers) with the clinic so everyone also ends the day with their chute freshly packed by trained packer. Our goal is to repeat the phenomenal experience I heard about for the last clinic.

Would you be willing to pay $50 for the clinic? (Yes or No). This amount allows the club to 'break even' on the cost of hosting the event. The registration fee covers training and repacking of your chute and we'll even provide breakfast (bagels and juice) and lunch (sandwiches). So you get a lot for your $50. The Club also pays the travel costs of the pro's who are requested/invited to help. With flying weather finally improving, I estimate that the clinic would happen sometime in the Fall. We certainly don't want to get in the way of a good flying day!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't know if the 'polling option' is working so please respond to this post if you are interested. We need at least 20 interested pilots to make this viable.
Don

I'm interested

Post by Don »

I'm interested- when?
AaronColby

Post by AaronColby »

Very interested, are PGers allowed to come?
"Keep an open mind but not so open it falls out"
~ Richard Feynman ~
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Aaron,

There are no differences between HG's and PG's as far as this sort of thing is concerned. All members are welcome to attend, assuming there is enough interest to make it happen.

Rob Burgis
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I would attend.
Flyyyyy
OP

Post by OP »

i'm in.

Is the entire presentation given in the gym, like the last one 3 years ago?

I'm in for 50$
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I'm assuming it will include a realistic demonstration of a failed deployment including prolonged screaming and flailing.

Wouldn't it suck if it happened to me now after mouthing off about it here. Well it would suck for me, but the rest of you would probably find it pretty damned funny. Go ahead and laugh if it does happen to me, I'll probably laugh on the way down myself. I'm gonna pack confetti in my chute just to set the mood and get things started if I do deploy.

Oh shit, now I've jinxed myself. I can't use my chute now...ever. How about one of those tetrahedral balloon envelopes like the Mars rovers landed with. Can you nerds at JPL make me one of those. And don't get cute with any $500 "space" confetti in it just to pad the project. Regular confetti is fine.
Flyyyyy
dteal

Post by dteal »

I'm in.
DT
jdelear

parachute clinic

Post by jdelear »

I'm in as well.
kyardley

Post by kyardley »

Please add me in too.