Mingus Mt for Memorial Day weekend

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

hgflyboy

Post by hgflyboy »

I'm in. I can drive up Friday and come back Monday. I might have a driver available for Friday and Saturday. I can bring my truck, although there are better options, I think.

The Dow is a nice choice - I might like to "borrow" one of your beds for a night or two, Larry. Otherwise, I've had good luck camping in a spot in the Alabama Hills.
gregangsten

Owens

Post by gregangsten »

I'm sorry to flake on Mingus, but I thought I'd be able to get away Friday and two all day drives for one day of flying is too much for me.

The OV is another matter though. I'm planning on it. I'll probably get up there Friday night and go to Tuttle Creek. Whoever gets up there first should look for a couple adjacent sites. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will probably hang out around Bishop for Mule Days http://www.muledays.org/about.php.
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

If you can go without the usual stuff you might find in a campground, 36.5823,-118.1045 is a nice spot, as well.
WingNutz

Post by WingNutz »

Who is hgflyboy?
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
hgflyboy

Post by hgflyboy »

Larry, surely you recognize the sexy black glider in my avatar, and the dashing pilot dangling below? 8)
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

I had to run out of town for a family emergency, and I won't be back in time for the trip. Hope you guys have a good time.